O Gauge event at SVR

Adrian Stevenson

Yes as I'm only a 15 min drive away I'll be there but I'm a little scared about the number of like souls who will turn out all equally starved of of "Show" enjoyment,  Knowing the building layout well it could get a little crowded which could see them shutting the doors.  As you know there isn't much of a carpark there but there is a carpark back up the hill about 1/2 mile which while not a problem coming down is a bit of a slog going back.

I'll park up at Bewdley station and train up to Highley then walk over the track to the Engine House.

Probably going on the Sunday but may have to juggle the days as my sister will be visiting that weekend from the Isle of Seil Scotland.

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Its worth saying you will need to buy a compartment or table ticket on a full line train ticket at £50. Therefore if you are able it would be worth aiming for somewhere line Alveley country park and walking to Highley. Some volunteers have asked about the possibility of a DMU shuttle but have been told it is not currently serviceable. 

As Barnaby says there is also a car park further up the hill. 

• RMweb Premium

So far at least 175 say they are going on Saturday and about 130 on Sunday. 

Unfortunately the opening up of hop on cannot be brought forward as the railway would feel it had to contact and ask the views of everyone who is booked on that weekend which looks like good loadings.

• 2 weeks later...

The SVR web page for this event now explicitly says that Dapol “are bringing some pre-production examples of forthcoming models” to show off to those attending this. It was mentioned in the 45xx thread that the small prairies might well make an appearance — I wonder if a first EP of the B4 might also be on show? Perhaps still too early, but I shall cross fingers.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Calidore said:

It was mentioned in the 45xx thread that the small prairies might well make an appearance 

Before anyone gets their hopes up, someone mentioned that if Richard Webster from Lionheart was there they would ask if there is any news but there was nothing more concrete than that.

• RMweb Gold

Re the 45xx. Again speaking to Richard. These are now in production. 

The body will be fully die cast. Two screws will release the body from the chassis. There will be no connecting wires, so the body can be completely set aside for any work on the chassis.

If all goes well, the version with sloping tanks may also be produced.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

The show was not packed, but a fair few attended. So it did not feel uncomfortable. There was room for about 3 people to view the layouts at any time. We spent 4 and a half hours there. Really nice to have time to chat to the traders and layout owners at your leisure without feeling rushed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Went today as part of a day trip up and down the line. Was quite quiet and wasn't at all crowded. Watched the layouts - Ventnor was my favourite. Got some scanning done at Modelu and accidentally made a purchase from Jim at Connoisseur. 

No sign of the 45xx on the stand but EPs of the B4 bodies were in the bottom of the display cabinet (sorry no photos). There also seemed to be some hopper thingies.

Was nice to do a show.

• Like 2