Eckon Signals Signallist SC1 and NCE Powercab - Advice appreciated

OliverSR

Hi all

Im looking to fit some signals to my layout and so have bought the following things, a Signallist SC1 and several Eckon secondhand unbuilt signal kits, the idea being to connect and run these from my powercab. I opened the kits today to find that they were older than I thought and still had grain of wheat bulbs in the packets rather than LED’s.

Would I be correct that for me to use the SC1 I would need to get replacement LED’s for this as the SC1 isn't designed for filament bulbs?

Also if anyone has any general advice words of wisdom about the setup I’m hoping to do then please let me know.

OliverSR

Hi OliverSR

You are correct in that you will need to replace the grain of wheat bulbs with LEDs. You should have little trouble finding some that fit. Get true green LEDs for the green as they are a better colour than the ordinary green ones supplied in many signals.

You will not need any resistors. The SC1 controls the LED current, you program individual CV values to adjust the brightness of each LED.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses guys. I have purchased some suitable LED’s, some careful soldering of 0.25mm wire and after changing a few CV’s I am now well on the way to working signals. I did find it easier to do the programming via a laptop connected to a SPROG rather than my powercab but operation is as easy with both.

looking forward to getting some signals on my layout.

OliverSR