North Bay Railway (Scarborough) Georgina

Just seen here that the new-build Sipat at North Bay is for sale: http://www.ingr.co.uk/equip_sale.html

I was surprised to hear this as it was only introduced a few years ago and I was under the impression that it was thought to be quite successful and popular, being the line’s first steam loco. I also notice that the line itself has just passed into new ownership, so it may relate to that. Does anyone know any more?

On 15/08/2021 at 01:08, 009 micro modeller said:

Just seen here that the new-build Sipat at North Bay is for sale: http://www.ingr.co.uk/equip_sale.html

I was surprised to hear this as it was only introduced a few years ago and I was under the impression that it was thought to be quite successful and popular, being the line’s first steam loco. I also notice that the line itself has just passed into new ownership, so it may relate to that. Does anyone know any more?

An article in Narrow Gauge World said that the new management want to solely focus on the 1920s Steam-Outline Diesel locomotives, so I reckon that's caused her to be put up for sale.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Hando said:

An article in Narrow Gauge World said that the new management want to solely focus on the 1920s Steam-Outline Diesel locomotives, so I reckon that's caused her to be put up for sale.

OK, I haven’t had the opportunity to read NGW for a bit even though I’m a subscriber but should have known they’d have something on it. It just seems a slightly odd decision given that it was only introduced recently and seemed to be popular (though possibly if they want steam a more ‘scale’ outline loco similar to the diesels would be a better fit?). On a related note, will NBR Engineering continue to be called that if it’s no longer under the same ownership as the NBR itself?

• Like 1

On 20/08/2021 at 21:17, 009 micro modeller said:

OK, I haven’t had the opportunity to read NGW for a bit even though I’m a subscriber but should have known they’d have something on it. It just seems a slightly odd decision given that it was only introduced recently and seemed to be popular (though possibly if they want steam a more ‘scale’ outline loco similar to the diesels would be a better fit?). On a related note, will NBR Engineering continue to be called that if it’s no longer under the same ownership as the NBR itself?

NBE hasn't been near Scarborough for years (they're based in Darlington), so I wouldn't be surprised if they continue trading under that name.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 009 micro modeller said:

I know it isn’t near but it is derived from the railway’s name isn’t it?

Yes. They were formerly based at the North Bay Railway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...