Dia T20 four-wheel coach

Could someone please advise whether the above coach, a four compartment Third with a centre Guard's section, had two central doors [on each side] for the Guard's compartment [one glazed, the other not] or just one.

Many thanks.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

This is the same drawing. Yes, the doors are double, hence not shaded like the walls.1273421750_NGbrake3rdclasscarriageDiagtamT20lot264small.jpg.89dfca826bc7f2d674819837ea50a1cd.jpg

You can see that, looking at the side of the vehicle ,the left hand door has to be opened first, opening outward - not I assume that those on your model will open.

If you want a higher resolution version let me know.

Jonathan

• Informative/Useful 1

On the shire scenes pages of the Dart/MJT website there is info about the T20 and the fact that the sides are lower, with a different side and roof profile (LA9) to the Ratio models which are LE7s. The Penrhos Junction web  site gives all the details about the Lewis classification system…

Duncan

Thanks for your reply Duncan. I could have used a Shirescenes overlay but I quite enjoy cut-and-shut as a process for creating compromised but recognisable rolling stock! I just wish that I could find a way of bashing together the O.13 Milk Train Brake that way!!

Tony

On 18/08/2021 at 09:06, Prometheus said:

Thanks for your reply Duncan. I could have used a Shirescenes overlay but I quite enjoy cut-and-shut as a process for creating compromised but recognisable rolling stock! I just wish that I could find a way of bashing together the O.13 Milk Train Brake that way!!

Tony

Just popped up on ebay Tony

Screenshot_20210819-181035_eBay.jpg