The day we went to Barwell

AY Mod

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

QH12_small.jpg

They really are tiny making N gauge look big. They run very well and, bar one of the OO Junior locos, is the first 0-4-0 from Barwell.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phil Parker said:

Absolutely lovely little locos! I recognise Peter Marriot’s quarry from Bachmann Times and it’s a super little layout. If ever a loco needed a driver figure, it’s the open cab ones. At a guess, I’d say these were single manned.

Edited by No Decorum
To add an afterthought.
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Absolutely lovely little locos! I recognise Peter Marriot’s quarry from Bachmann Times and it’s a super little layout. If ever a loco needed a driver figure, it’s the open cab ones. At a guess, I’d say these were single manned.

Of note, the layout was Steve Purves' not Peters

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

At a guess, I’d say these were single manned.

In industrial use yes. A preserved one could have two or three on the footplate.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Class 158 productions said:

Is this a simple mod or will we see a re tooled model at some point? 

It's a new nose face tooling for the existing model to represent Andania as now running.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/08/2021 at 17:38, Phil Parker said:

At last I will have a working layout in the limited space I have available and not just a display cabinet!!!!, those locos look gorgeous.

Mike

• Friendly/supportive 1

Excellent Andy, a candid interview with the boys from Barwell showing that Bachmann are alive and well and very much on the ball.

The Class 47 was a revelation earlier this month, the Class 40 and the G5 look excellent as well. The Bulleid coaches look to be fine models and as an SR modeller I look forward to their release.

I pray that among their 'in the background' projects are the SR U Class moguls, this class regularly appeared in the most-wanted lists for years but nothing has yet appeared. With a range of tooling options the entire range of Maunsell moguls would be possible, all 172 of them. Fingers crossed.

Glenn

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

And they avoided the bounce test! ;) 

Just one thing Steve, . . . “ put a little aside each month”  . . .  You do know we suffer from ooh I need x of those when these shiny things appear? ;) 

Oh gawd more overtime gratefully accepted! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

And they avoided the bounce test!

It would never have happened if I'd tucked in my pocket as I was very tempted to do.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

That visit just goes on giving! Many thanks, Andy, Phil and the people at Bachmann.

I've not had the time to do the one where I get to  go ooh at the 47 glazing and fans yet. Probably next week for that as there's a couple of technical issues.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1