Timber! 7mm Timber wagons

jhock

Beautifully executed James.

I understand the use of the cotton buds, but I am intrigued by the set of miniature bottle cleaners sat there. I have an identical set for cleaning my airbrush. I guess you use them that way, since the wagon is sat in your spray booth. But do you use them for any other (paint related) purpose or are they simply there conveniently for the airbrush.

I look forward to more photos.

Ian.

• 3 weeks later...

Another OTA on the workbench, these are 3d printed kits, not by me.

IMG_20210912_182253

It won't be going much further as my superglue has done a great job of gluing the lid on.  

So a quick order has been placed 

I have another one at the primer stage so I will entertain myself painting that one. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sulzer27jd said:

Very effective worn metalwork. How do you achieve that?

John

Hi John,

The rust on the stanchions is done using the sponge technique.  I use a Games Workshop paint called Rhinox Hide, I dip a small piece of torn sponge (from those very cheap sponge brushes you get the £1 shop), remove most of the paint on some kitchen towel, then sponge it on.  It works very well on raised edges. If you want to go to town you can do it with a few shades of the rust for more depth to the effect.  

• Informative/Useful 2

On 19/09/2021 at 21:30, jhock said:

Hi John,

The rust on the stanchions is done using the sponge technique.  I use a Games Workshop paint called Rhinox Hide, I dip a small piece of torn sponge (from those very cheap sponge brushes you get the £1 shop), remove most of the paint on some kitchen towel, then sponge it on.  It works very well on raised edges. If you want to go to town you can do it with a few shades of the rust for more depth to the effect.  

Many thanks. I'll give that technique a try.