Farish LMS Stanier Class 8F 372-160K with sound - CV Values

aghodgett

I was not quick enough to buy the Farish sound fitted version and have fitted a sound chip to the non sound fitted model.

I was wondering if anyone has the sound fitted version and would be willing to email me a scan of the paperwork with the CV values and details of the chip Farish have fitted please? If indeed this information is available. I have fitted a Zimo MX658N18.  Any experiences with the sound fitted loco would also be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Arthur Hodgett

I'm a bit confused.

Did the sound chip come with a sound project loaded?

If it did, then there would be no point trying to match the CV's in the Farish model, as the sound projects will be different.

If it didn't, then I'm not sure what you expect to achieve by matching CV values to the Farish one.

Regards,

John P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

Thanks for your input. Sorry it's taken so long, I thought I would get a email prompt if someone replied. You are absolutely right. What I was after were to compare settings for different sounds, but especially the motor settings as Farish would know the specific motor characteristic they have used. Maybe I'm being over concerned, but with it being a coreless motor, I thought I had better ask.

Many thanks

Arthur