Darlington MRS 16th & 17th Oct 2021

43110andyb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1st day if the show a great success! The highlight was the presentation of G5 locomotive to our club from fellow RM Webber 30368 (Richard) for our Tees Castle layout. 

A full day to go tomorrow and please pop down if you can and say hello!

cheers

Andy 

40D9F257-A77F-4B7F-96E0-5136E5AFB3D5.jpeg

2B817FD0-FEA0-452F-9133-6BBF3C57609E.jpeg

Edited by 43110andyb
  • Like 9

Thanks to the Darlington club for giving us a great show in a great venue...good to see a lot of old friends and some quality railways.

Sometimes its the small things that mean so much to us all, full credit to 30368 (Richard B) of this parish, who built a model of NER G5 67305 in memory of Ray Goad and then presented the model to the Darlington club to run on Ray's layout...well done that man for building such a fine model and for all his kindness.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I am interested in collating information from recent shows about attendance, compared with pre-Covid years.   The aim would be to help inform other clubs about what to expect or plan for when reaching decisions.   Can you quantify anything from the Darlington Show please e.g. the percentage change in attendance compared with the last equivalent show?  Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen Wolstenholme

2 hours ago, Stephenwolsten said:

I am interested in collating information from recent shows about attendance, compared with pre-Covid years.   The aim would be to help inform other clubs about what to expect or plan for when reaching decisions.   Can you quantify anything from the Darlington Show please e.g. the percentage change in attendance compared with the last equivalent show?  Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Hi Stephen, I can say the exhibition was a great success but I can’t give any details of numbers compared to our last show as I don’t have the data unfortunately.

It will be quite hard to compare as previous shows have had a years + planning and greater advertising, this show was arranged in 8 weeks, with local layouts and minimal advertising.

I will try and get the numbers to compare and thankfully we did have people willing to attend in numbers which should hopefully be encouraging for future shows!

• Thanks 1