On 16/12/2021 at 14:40, DavidMcKenzie said:

Starting to take shape nicely, really get a feel for how it will look with the depot building mocked up and the scale to it really matches the photos of the real thing which were posted earlier. Is there enough space in the background for a small strip of greenery as a sort of 3D back scene to add some depth to it all like there is in the photos of the real thing? Hard to tell from the perspective of the photo above. Either way cracking stuff and I'm looking forward to seeing it develop. 

All the best,

Dave 

Hi Dave, 

Sorry completely missed this! Thanks for the kind words. I certainly hope so on the background but Sod’s law my calculations were a bit out so the track at the back of the layout is going to be a bit tighter than planned. Will have to come up with a solution to sort that I think.

51 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Any progress at all , Will ?

Thanks for the post Rob - nothing really unfortunately as a puppy and work has got in the way. I’ve obtained 3 of the original scale drawings/plans for the shed so I need to redraw the building and track plan before I can start building track. 

I’ve mainly been working on stock (perfecting my approach to 37s) so hopefully when I do make some progress the layout won’t look completely empty!

Im hoping over the winter I can really crack on with the project.

Thanks for your continued interest - there will be some progress soon hopefully!

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 2