Llangollen Railway

Dzine

Hi Folks,  We've been trying to help the Llangollen Railway during their current difficulties.  So far that's included a six page awareness raising spread in Model Rail, Issue 290, donations of new books to sell in their shop, together with a modest number of initial donations.  Let me show you some of what we've said so far;

WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

It was with great sadness that I recently read the plight of the Llangollen Railway, and was moved by the uphill struggle undoubtedly facing all those involved.  The potential loss of such a beautiful line, a particular scenic favourite of mine, fired my thoughts into action.  Real railways, whether preserved or part of the national network, and railway modelling go hand-in-hand, with each providing substantial benefit to the other,  not only in terms of cash, but the resource they provide our modelling efforts. Imagine our loss if there was widespread collapse in either preservation or the modelling hobby!  And yet, it doesn’t take much to turn things around; whether that’s when a modelling exhibition hall is trashed by a few idiots or a preserved railways’ future hangs in the balance,  we are undoubtedly all in this together.  So what can we do?  Not just those of us at Model Rail, and our readership, but the wider modelling community too.  Please help me to help them.  If you can, please make a donation to llangollenrailway.enthuse.com, Full Steam Ahead Appeal, or pay by cheque (made payable to the Llangollen Railway Trust), addressed to; The Station, Abbey Road, Llangollen, LL20 8SN, or by bank transfer; Sort Code 538103, Account 23423455,  £1 will do, but send more if you can.  If everybody involved with the magazine and online forums donated, then it would run into tens of thousands.  If you have time to give, the railway needs a number of volunteers, so please speak to the Llangollen team.

Help me show the Llangollen Railway that we care about their terrible plight and that we can do something really tangible, to Make a Difference.  Thanks, Paul.

PS Please ask if you need to know more.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...

Drove pasted the Llangollen line a couple of times this week in the wagon doesn’t seemed to be much happening along the line anyone know the current  situation. Was wondering as to whether yesterdays vote In the Welsh Assembly regard Covid passports will have any impact on the forth coming Santa Specials etc 

They've been running. Mostly diesel hauled or DMUs. Next steam on 30th and 31st of October.

No login needed.

https://www.facebook.com/llangollen.railway/

Unfortunately not been able to get over there so can't comment on what restrictions are currently in place. There was none at the East Lancs apart from being asked to use the hand sanitiser in the Transport Museum. I know that the WA rules are a bit different.

Just found out 3802 is visiting the GCR for their gala.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

• 3 months later...