Workshopwise 2021

Axlebox

Workshopwise is back for 2021

Saturday 9th October, 10:30-5pm

Stannington Village Hall Northumberland  (just off the A1)

4 quality layouts 

9 quality demonstrators covering a whole range of skills

Slide show by popular author Dave Dunn (pictures from the Armstrong Trust)

...and the now legendary Stannington Bacon Butties.

Entrance £3, accompanied children get in for free.

In true Reiver tradition, all side arms must be left in the cloakroom

PS I have no connection with the above, however I can vouch that they are a good bunch who put on a good show and, for a modest sum, will ensure you're well fed...

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder folks, the North East and Borders area group of the EM Gauge Society are having their annual Workshop Wise event this very Saturday (9th October) at Stannington village hall  (NE61 6EL for all you SatNavers).

If you are coming for the legendary Bacon Butties then please come early to avoid disappointment, as one year they ran out of bacon...

Everyone is welcome, this event is all about helping you develop your modelling skills, whatever your skill level...so come along, tuck into some of the best catering this side of Wakefield, watch a film show and chat to the demonstration team...did I mention the visiting layouts?

(no connection to the event other than I'll be taking my trainset along)

Edited by Axlebox
UPDATED POSTCODE FOR SATNAVERS

7 hours ago, Axlebox said:

(no connection to the event other than I'll be taking my trainset along)

I shall see you there although, for some reason I nearly headed up there this weekend as I had convinced myself it was happening on the 2nd :scratchhead:

Are you letting people play with your train set?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, johndon said:

Are you letting people play with your train set?

...always, bring something nice along and run it on Croft, we quite often flip from normal to DCC running and from P4 to EM (I once nipped out to the gentleman's rest room and came back to find a certain Mr G of North Yorks running his EM stock on Croft - weirdly it ran a lot better than I'd of expected).

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

...just heard, sadly there will be no slide show from the Armstrong Trust this year due to reasons beyond their control. I'm sure Dr Dunn will be with us again next year to project 101 views of your favorite station/locomotive/signalbox/etc...and for a taste of just how much the Trust has in its collection have a browse through Ernie's Railway Archive, 

Ernie  Brack