Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

Amazing, good to see my vote in the poll a couple of years back has helped get these produced.

Will we see Royal Train BFKs you mention one day? ;)

Also, TSOTs in the West of England rakes - were they Mk2B or Mk2C? Definitely be getting a few Mk2B TSOs to compliment my WoE rakes.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

These look brilliant.

Anyone know if there are any currently in mainline use in the liveries offered? I presume not.

No mk2’s in passenger use, that ended with Yarmouth, Rhymney in 2019 but they were mk2d’s.

WCRC has a sole mk2b, 5487, registered.

Royal Train has a mk2b BFK. 2920.

A quick look at my historical Platform 5’s shows several TSO listed but lingering stored at Kineton in 2000 in NSE livery. No FK/BFK at that point. WC had 2 TSO running in Y2K.

Not sure the departmental situation.

VCT lists 34 entering preservation, 11 since scrapped, several in non-railway use (camping, cafes etc)… according to VCT in the UK (EWS), 3 FK in UK, all non working,  0 BFK preserved, aside the royal ones, the rest are TSO.

as for a running mk2b BFK in service, Ive gone back to a single example in 1985 at Laira (that may already have been in departmental services by that date)… W17107.. became 2920 in the Royal Train in 1990. The other is 2905.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

14 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

Amazing, good to see my vote in the poll a couple of years back has helped get these produced.

Will we see Royal Train BFKs you mention one day? ;)

Also, TSOTs in the West of England rakes - were they Mk2B or Mk2C? Definitely be getting a few Mk2B TSOs to compliment my WoE rakes.

The TSOTs were Mk2C. However a look at the Irish versions shows one pack already includes a Mk2C FO so I clearly the tooling allows these to be done at a later date :)

Very happy - a big missing link for me this. 

Bruce 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many congratulations to Accurascale on this one!

In what were the Annual Wishlist Polls, the stock had been High Polling since 2013 and was in The Top 50 in 2019.

We wish them every success with the project.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi carumba, more awesome models and my wallet can breathe easy (for now).  As with @69843, would love to see 17105 done in either Riviera Trains blue or as it is now, in BR blue/grey, as it's regularly included in Riviera Trains Mk2F charter rake.  Maybe they can use the generator moulding off the NIR BFK in recreating this model?  I've attached some pictures of 17105 that are on my website so you can see what I mean.

rail-pictures-2009.smugmug.com/Passenger-Coaching-Stock/Mk2/Mk-2B/BFK-Brake-First-Corridor-/17105-Riviera-Trains/

Cracking choice of models, well done sir.

• Like 2

Great to see Accurascale cementing their position in the model railway marketplace. Excellent choice of model with vehicles transcending the British Railways timeline.  Not quite there in terms of BR steam but so close, right through the blue and grey era into privatisation.  Just watched the excellent Hornby Magazine presentation with two rakes of three vehicles - the BR trio behind a Regional Railways 37/4 which was so relevant.  I think I am right in saying that Regional Ralways had a handful of ex NSE vehicles which initially had the blue stripe replace the red.  Then they were outshopped in RR clolours and some of the BFKs were declassified as BSKs and renumbered in the 355xx series. These would be a distinctive version which I imagine Accurascale will produce.

Great work as always. Now about those 40t tanks !!!  

• Like 1

Excellent news! My trusty old Lima 2b's now have about a year or so left in traffic before they will be heading off to the scrapyard (or ebay).

I think that the brakes in the middle of the Waterloo-Exeter sets in NSE days were 2As (Bachmann 39-412/412A) so it will be just the TSOT (Mark 2C) and a few more TSOs to complete the rake.

And then there is the reference in the Accurascale announcement to the Wales & West /Wales & Borders vehicles used in the late 90s/early 2000s - I managed to get some photos (not fantastic) of a set in Newport in the late 90s including the South Wales & West lettering. Formation that day was 5478 (blue) 5453 (blue) 5487 (maroon) and 9440 (blue). For the record, 37430 was the motive power.

Thanks again Accurascale

• Like 4

Not a coaching stock expert myself but I do know the Mk2c had smaller toilet windows, and possible the funny vent above the droplights on the doors, but apart from probably underframe differences, are they similar enough to run on from the Mk2b range ?

• Like 1

Another beaut and I am very tempted although Mark 1 is much more my era.  

They are listed as available in a BR Inter-City, NSE and TransPennine liveries, as well as some Irish versions which they are selling as triple packs.  And to quote from the email  A pair of FKs even joined the Derby RTC fleet in 1987, ADB 977528 and ADB 977529 being used as brake force runners with a wide variety of different test coaches all over the country.  I would definitely order those if they had been on the list.  Perhaps they and the royal train version may be be done in a later batch?

I note that they are still anticipating shipping difficulties even though the delivery target is a year away.  They're probably just being realistic about the container shortages but the competition will be suffering from the same issues too.

27 minutes ago, D400 said:

The TSOTs were Mk2C. However a look at the Irish versions shows one pack already includes a Mk2C FO so I clearly the tooling allows these to be done at a later date :)

Very happy - a big missing link for me this. 

Bruce 

This is Epic,

I know the ScR TSOT & BFK used were Mk2C. So might get the Michael Harris book out or see if tooling for C's is in the pipeline.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Terrific, and as stated a gaping hole in BR coaching stock now filled. Accurascale getting most of my model railway rolling stock budget in 2021/2;

HopABs, coil As and MDOs on order, oh and not forgetting a Deltic. A staple of WR services in the 1970s, but as Robert has said will look odd with Bachy mark 2As and catering vehicles with the lack of close coupling. 

Neil 

• Like 2