Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

• RMweb Premium

So, so pleased at this, thank-you Accurascale for at long last filling this gap and with what looks to be a very highly-specified model.  Particularly impressed with the seat 'wings' on the interiors, this will save me a good hour or two per coach....and in Trans-Pennine too!

Second the motion for an N-gauge version though....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Am I missing something, or is there no B/G TSO with Inter-City branding and early OHL warning flashes, but two each of without Inter-City plus early OHL and with Inter-City plus later OHL?

FK W13511 (ACC2668) and BFK W17107 (ACC2669) have that combination but not a TSO?

Hi Andrew,

The blue/grey InterCity-liveried coaches are based on photos taken between 1980 and 1986 when a mix of OHLE warning flashes could be found at the ends of the coaches. It just so happens that this is how the five vehicles were labelled.

Cheers!

Fran 

Looks like I might be tempted by Enterprise stock hoping for a big Hunslet in future.  

I do like the details included in these and envisage that the technologies used will pass into future models.  Lighting and details reminds me of a Canadian manufacturers north American products.

How about a tail lamp also controlled by magnetic wand on the brake end?  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Andrew,

The blue/grey InterCity-liveried coaches are based on photos taken between 1980 and 1986 when a mix of OHLE warning flashes could be found at the ends of the coaches. It just so happens that this is how the five vehicles were labelled.

Cheers!

Fran 

Ok, thanks. It was pretty much the standard version for the mid-late 70s Class 52 to Class 50 changeover period. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A great choice Accurascale and just right for my WRDH fleet.

A small point - the unbranded FK is shown as W13476 - I believe this was part of the batch that went to the ER initially, as noted in your news release. The WR ones were 13487-13513.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, stovepipe said:

A great choice Accurascale and just right for my WRDH fleet.

A small point - the unbranded FK is shown as W13476 - I believe this was part of the batch that went to the ER initially, as noted in your news release. The WR ones were 13487-13513.

Good spot, thanks for that! Shall be amended!

Cheers!

Fran 

• RMweb Premium

They look superb. Glad to see Accurascale is well on the way to challenging the larger manufactures with a range that's ever expanding. Really quite reasonable pricing too considering the features on offer. I love the DCC ready lighting with a simple wand solution. At the very least it should help to drive the other manufactures to do ever better.

That being said I for one am thankful that as a North Scottish modeler I don't need to get the wallet out for these. No doubt though this is only a taste of things to come over the next few years so will get budgeting for 2023/4.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Apologies if this has already been asked, if I wanted to create a North Wales coast LHCS Regional Railways 37 at the head which brake vehicle is most suitable? I’d use the Regional Railways TSOs as the middle vehicles.

Although I’m not a OO modeller, the chance to have a NWC LHCS with cutting edge 37 and coaches is to good to miss.

Cheers ! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, E100 said:

They look superb. Glad to see Accurascale is well on the way to challenging the larger manufactures with a range that's ever expanding. Really quite reasonable pricing too considering the features on offer. I love the DCC ready lighting with a simple wand solution. At the very least it should help to drive the other manufactures to do ever better.

That being said I for one am thankful that as a North Scottish modeler I don't need to get the wallet out for these. No doubt though this is only a taste of things to come over the next few years so will get budgeting for 2023/4.

The Mk2b was exceedingly rare north of the border, I never saw one in normal service in Scotland. Saves me another small fortune but I’m really happy Accurascale are doing these as it will hopefully lead on to some Mk2c coaches. The Mk2c requuires the attention to detail Accurascale does, they’d be a waste of time for the likes of Hornby.

Brian.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, turbos said:

The Mk2b was exceedingly rare north of the border, I never saw one in normal service in Scotland. Saves me another small fortune but I’m really happy Accurascale are doing these as it will hopefully lead on to some Mk2c coaches. The Mk2c requuires the attention to detail Accurascale does, they’d be a waste of time for the likes of Hornby.

Brian.

Hi Brian,

The Mk.2b coaches were rare in Scotland but not exceedingly so... they were regulars in Inverness-Aberdeen workings in the mid to late 1980s and not uncommon in Glasgow and Edinburgh to Aberdeen and Inverness formations. In the early 1970s the ECML-allocated 2b FKs were recorded in King's Cross to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen trains, while other examples made regular forays into Scotland on Inter-Regional and even WCML services from the late 1970s into the mid 1980s.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Its been said many times before but, regardless of whether they are in my era or not, I always find accurascale annoucements exciting and enjoyable purely because of the amount of enthusiasm and knowledge you guys have about your subject matter and about producing the best possible product you can and, above all, because you share that knowledge and enthusiasm with us.

I have no idea about Mk2b’s generally but have found the run down of the where they ran and their detail differences very interesting and the samples look great to the untrained eye! Hope they are a great success (as they will no doubt be seeing everyones reactions!)

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Wow . Well done the Accurascale boys . Game changing in features with acceptable cost .  I don’t really need  2bs but I’m sorely tempted . I suppose would go well with my Dapol 52 . Really must resist , really must resist………

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Hi carumba, more awesome models and my wallet can breathe easy (for now).  As with @69843, would love to see 17105 done in either Riviera Trains blue or as it is now, in BR blue/grey, as it's regularly included in Riviera Trains Mk2F charter rake.  Maybe they can use the generator moulding off the NIR BFK in recreating this model?  I've attached some pictures of 17105 that are on my website so you can see what I mean.

rail-pictures-2009.smugmug.com/Passenger-Coaching-Stock/Mk2/Mk-2B/BFK-Brake-First-Corridor-/17105-Riviera-Trains/

Cracking choice of models, well done sir.

I forgot to mention that 17105 also has the later Mk2D style wraparound doors at the non brake end with the vent just above the drop light.

Edited by jools1959
Spelling
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

The NIR packs will be sold under the IRM brand in triple packs in the silver grey and blue livery, the silver grey and blue with Intercity branding livery and Intercity post 1987 sector livery.

Oh my poor wallet. 

Is it true that you will be timeing the release of the  NIR maroon and blue livery to coincide with the release of the Hunslets!  :)

Pssst.  Anyone want to buy Lima Mk2bs?   Suitable for repainting lol :)

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

The Murphy's release was a commission of Bachmann Mark 2As. The former NIR Mark 2b coaches in the RPSI rake have not been done RTR.

18 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Oh my poor wallet. 

Is it true that you will be timeing the release of the  NIR maroon and blue livery to coincide with the release of the Hunslets!  :)

Pssst.  Anyone want to buy Lima Mk2bs?   Suitable for repainting lol :)

Hmmm, still got your drawings from all those years ago?? ;)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Indeed, I’m just looking at my Platform 5 book from 1988 and there were no less than 8 of the allocated to ScR. 4 at IS and 4 at Polmadie. 

Great Info. Still got my Platform 5s somewhere but they are 200 miles away currently.

Any ideas if they were still around by 1990?

Planning on running all manner of loco-hauled in lieu of the teething problems with Sprinterisation that occurred in 89/90 and wondering whether to get any.

Rich.

Hi chaps. Could you confirm if the NSE liveried coaches are the earlier light blue or later dark blue please. The artwork seems to be the earlier blue which would be good - particularly the models 5455 & 5462, also on 5455 it appears to have a depot sticker? on the red stripe beneath the number - what depot is it please.

Steve 

Edited by steve1023
  • Agree 1