Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

On 26/08/2021 at 22:05, westie7 said:

This is Epic,

I know the ScR TSOT & BFK used were Mk2C. So might get the Michael Harris book out or see if tooling for C's is in the pipeline.

This is great news but will be interested in a MK2c coaches, especially a CK and TSOT for use in Scotland. Out of interest found a 1985 IMG_2278.jpg.c7224a993c2fd46a54a6bdb055961737.jpgphoto of 47461 at Inverness, behind is what looks like a MK2b TSOT, could be wrong. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, design8027 said:

This is great news but will be interested in a MK2c coaches, especially a CK and TSOT for use in Scotland. Out of interest found a 1985 IMG_2278.jpg.c7224a993c2fd46a54a6bdb055961737.jpgphoto of 47461 at Inverness, behind is what looks like a MK2b TSOT, could be wrong. 

It’s an early Mk2c TSOT, with the toilet windows of similar design to the Mk2b TSO. Later MK2c TSOTs had a single pane toilet window more akin to a Mk2d, but not all.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

It’s an early Mk2c TSOT, with the toilet windows of similar design to the Mk2b TSO. Later MK2c TSOTs had a single pane toilet window more akin to a Mk2d, but not all.

The other differences are the roof vents, also there weren’t any Mk2b TSOT. 

Apparently the red stripe on CRM started to show through beneath the blue when it became very weather worn. I to have never seen CRM in its red stripe. Interesting pic!

Brian.

Apologies for my ignorance, and if the answer is already lying here in the thread....

Am I right in thinking that the main feature of the Mk2 'c' that made it discernable from a Mk2 'b' (from a distance) is the later style of roof vents? And that some, but not all, also had the later Mk2 air con ( d / e / f ) style toilet windows?

As such, can anyone please confirm that the lead vehicles in the below photographs are all Mk2 'c' ? 

I think I read somewhere that the midland mainline had a small smattering of MK2 'c' first class stock among their predominately MK2 'e' air con fleet during the late 1970's. 

77299-45104-Sharnbrook

45108_1980_03_Leicester

45113_1978_03_Nottingham

45118_1978_04_Bedford_A3_600dpi 

45145_1978_02_Nottingham

Regards,

Cameron

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, MJI said:

All look 2c due to roof hatch

Correct. All 2c

Cricklewood had a few 2b allocated over the years so you do see them from time to time, but overwhelmingly outnumbered by 2c on the MML

• Thanks 1

Only just found out about this and all I can say is a massive thanks to all at Accurascale.

As an average modeller I'm not too fixated over B/C just that we finally have a superb representation of a hugely missed coach for BR Blue formations, I'll even have fun adapting my own TSOT, the roof differences wont matter to me. Ouch!

Thank you especially for the couplings, far too long now detailed rakes of coaches ruined by unrealistic gaps. This will also help aesthetically running over pointwork.

Huge thanks also for the interior detail and the lighting. Worth every penny.

Just out of curiosity can anyone identify this?

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 14-43-04 Trains at Dawlish and Teignmouth - 1985 - YouTube.png

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, InterCitySpud said:

Just out of curiosity can anyone identify this?

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 14-43-04 Trains at Dawlish and Teignmouth - 1985 - YouTube.png

Mk.2c CK (Composite Corridor), ex-FK, five of which were converted for internal ScotRail services circa 1985 and renumbered in the 755x series. The final one seems to have been withdrawn in 1992.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 minutes ago, McC said:

Mk.2c CK (Composite Corridor), ex-FK, five of which were converted for internal ScotRail services circa 1985 and renumbered in the 755x series. The final one seems to have been withdrawn in 1992.

Here seen enjoying a well earned holiday and warmer weather in Dawlish!

@Accurascale Fran  Can I clarify something, is there actually a proposal for a Mk2c or has most of the past 13 pages been people wanting/expecting Mk2c coaches as part of the announcement.

I am very confused, there was an announcement about Mk2bs and then since then all I keep seeing are mentions of Mk2c coaches.

Sort of one of those "great a new announcement! Now how about this?" type of things, wanting more more more.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

@Accurascale Fran  Can I clarify something, is there actually a proposal for a Mk2c or has most of the past 13 pages been people wanting/expecting Mk2c coaches as part of the announcement.

I am very confused, there was an announcement about Mk2bs and then since then all I keep seeing are mentions of Mk2c coaches.

Sort of one of those "great a new announcement! Now how about this?" type of things, wanting more more more.

Hi @woodenhead,

This was an announcement for Mark 2Bs and as you can see from the BR coaches all releases in this first run is Mark 2B. However, if you look to Northern Ireland, you may see something more that may appear in the future....

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 2

10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @woodenhead,

This was an announcement for Mark 2Bs and as you can see from the BR coaches all releases in this first run is Mark 2B. However, if you look to Northern Ireland, you may see something more that may appear in the future....

Cheers!

Fran 

I think we can all read between those lines Fran!

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, mdvle said:

Just for anyone not familiar, that image isn't Dawlish but rather neighbouring Teignmouth.

Ha ha yes, sorry very slow shutter speed.

A few internal images from a FK for any one interested in getting the perfect shade of orange.. https://citytransport.info/Compartment.htm

The interiors appear to have been superbly detailed, the wing back chairs are perect so it will be interesting to see how they are finished. The lighting looks to be excellent too so the right colours inside and with a few punters added they will look amazing. Need a small Michael Caine.

PCD13g_011.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, InterCitySpud said:

The interiors appear to have been superbly detailed...

PCD13g_011.jpg

That's absolutely stunning interior detail! From the inside you can see the green model scenery out of the window on the left. The carpet and interior flush glazing, and seats are beyond incredible.

Edited by gazwire
  • Like 2
  • Funny 7

On 30/08/2021 at 14:59, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Some Mark 2B action on North West services from our senior project manager! 

47018 16.20 Manchester Victoria-Blackpool North 27.07.1988 - Declassified Mk.2c SK, declassified Mk.2a SK, declassified Mk.2b SK, Mk.1 BG

47018 - Croston Road, Farington.

Nottingham-Blackpool North 1989 - Second coach is a Mk.2b TSO, with two Mk.2c TSO(T) and more Mk.2b or 2c towards the rear of the train

47407 leaves Chesterfield

Manchester Victoria-Southport 28.05.1991 - First coach is an ex-NSE Mk.2b TSO

37430 Appley Bridge 28-05-1991

17.14 Manchester Victoria-Blackpool North 18.05.1992 - Third coach is Mk.2b TSO, last coach is a Mk.2c BSO

37415 17.14 Manchester Victoria-Blackpool, Salwick 18.05.1992

Cheers!

Fran 

IMBY Salwick Box and BNFL Groundframe all of course sadly gone.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Roadrails said:

One of the last 2 TPE sets had a TPE liveried BSK in it's mixed rake. 

TranspennineBSO.png.2260e57cf0128fb6176252282eeb66f2.png

I might be wrong but that isnt a BSK unless it is one of the handful of declassfied ex NSE BFKs, which i dont thibk were branded Trans Pennine. Your piccie looks like either a BFK or a BSO

From early 1983 there were only two remaining Mk2B BFKs, 14107 and 14109 which were used on Wat - Exe. They had become Royal Train vehicles by 1990 and they never carried Trans Pennine livery. That coach would be either a Mk2a or Mk2c.

Edited by Flood
  • Like 3