Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

I've quickly scanned the 15 pages just in case there was an answer but.....

For the Blue/Grey running numbers that Accurascale are doing in their first run.... does anyone know where they were located?

(Actually I'm after blue greys known to have run in NSE areas.....)

2 hours ago, JSpencer said:

I've quickly scanned the 15 pages just in case there was an answer but.....

For the Blue/Grey running numbers that Accurascale are doing in their first run.... does anyone know where they were located?

(Actually I'm after blue greys known to have run in NSE areas.....)

They are all Western Region numbers so I would say all suitable for NSE areas! They have also done one (TSO 5491) in NSE branded Blue/Grey :)

Basically you need all of them ;)

Bruce 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, D400 said:

They are all Western Region numbers so I would say all suitable for NSE areas! They have also done one (TSO 5491) in NSE branded Blue/Grey :)

Bruce 

Superbe - thank you very much.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, D400 said:

Bruce 

How many shares in Accurascale do you own? :D

• Funny 4

• 1 month later...

The Irish buffet cars were modified mk2b FK's. They plated over the last two windows on the corridor side and put the serving area there. The toilet at that end was also removed and its window plated over:

https://images.app.goo.gl/LpUeqBHWeFzaFqD96

https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/uploads/monthly_2014_12/4402_Tralee_080400.jpg.3b254ca18cfe894fbc41e4a9d53363f1.jpg

https://images.app.goo.gl/bxZe3onywq6Wd467A

I don't think such a custom arrangement ever ran on BR but I'm open to correction on that as I know next to nothing about BR coaching stock.

There were two examples, 4401 (ex BR 19489/13489) and 4402 (ex BR 19497/13497)

It could be that a subtle joke has flown over my head, in which case please disregard all of the above :D

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

WEST COAST VIBES - OO MARK 2Bs in WEST COAST RAILWAY LIVERY!

2122206114_AccurascaleBRMk.2bTSOWCRC5478.jpg.e54e27c568dc18ef77a551ca0270056b.jpg

Hi everyone,

Mini Announcement time! Our Mark 2B coaches have caused quite the stir since we announced them in late August of this year, with a comprehensive list of of BR liveries offered on this missing link of Ready-to-Run coaching stock in 00/4mm.

"But, what about us current day modellers?" Well, you have asked, so we have listened, We are now adding two new running numbers to our Mark 2B release programme, with two TSOs in West Coast Railways maroon livery!

mk2b-tso-5487-gbayer-16x9.jpg.f28dd1cf2abd01df68df2b59483b945b.jpg

Due along with the rest of the range in Q3 2022 and priced £59.95 each for these high specification coaches, they will feature full interior lighting, stay alive capacitors, a wealth of separately applied details on both the exterior and interior, including etched metal parts, and more!

Read more and pre-order here! https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/west-coast-vibes-additional-mark-2b-coaches-announced 

Cheers!

Fran 

Accurascale BR Mk.2b TSO WCRC 5487.jpg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

57 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

two TSOs in West Coast Railways maroon livery!

I am pleased these have been announced.

The question I have is (and probably not to the AS guys, but the wider population on here) is how best to go about assembling a realistic train with these.

I.e. I am wondering whether combining these with the (coming at some point hopefully) Bachmann WCRC releases (Mk1 TSO,RMB and BSK & Mk2 TSO) to make a 6 coach train would be a better outcome than buying 3 each of these two releases. WCRC trains seem to be a bit of all sorts IIRC. I suppose the fact these are lit will make it more difficult to run them all together and make them look sensible.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

The question I have is (and probably not to the AS guys, but the wider population on here) is how best to go about assembling a realistic train with these.

I.e. I am wondering whether combining these with the (coming at some point hopefully) Bachmann WCRC releases (Mk1 TSO,RMB and BSK & Mk2 TSO) to make a 6 coach train would be a better outcome than buying 3 each of these two releases. WCRC trains seem to be a bit of all sorts IIRC.

Hi Tom,

WCRC run very mixed rakes, it's what appeals to me from a modelling POV for them to be honest. Nice mix of Mark 1s, Mark 2s, odd Mark 1 pullman etc.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I.e. I am wondering whether combining these with the (coming at some point hopefully) Bachmann WCRC releases (Mk1 TSO,RMB and BSK & Mk2 TSO) to make a 6 coach train would be a better outcome than buying 3 each of these two releases. WCRC trains seem to be a bit of all sorts IIRC. I suppose the fact these are lit will make it more difficult to run them all together and make them look sensible.

Definitely mixed rakes as Fran says and many of the Mk1s have been modified to a greater or lesser extent. Being as Bachmann at least (not sure about Hornby) already have several WCRC vehicles will the AS models be colour matched to them? As Fran notes, a complete rake of WCRC MK2'S isnt a common sight.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

32 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

A couple of standard non kitchen met-cam pullmans, the RMB TSO & BSK then add the Accurascale releases and all you are missing is a modern image FO & Kitchen car. I have used an SK sides with an RU roof and floor to create kitchen car 99712. And I'm looking at getting an RFO to create 13220.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

My 2 Bachmann WCRC 37s aren't the same colour anyway! However, are WCRCs coaching stock generally well matched colour wise anyway? I expect they will be but not sure.

My impression is they are pretty well matched in real life. Like all paint, more vivid when fresh (so a newly painted coach will stand out) but rakes generally dully harmonious relieved only by the steam loco on the front (love diesel but dont like WCRC 'livery on them ::) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

WEST COAST VIBES - OO MARK 2Bs in WEST COAST RAILWAY LIVERY!

"But, what about us current day modellers?" Well, you have asked, so we have listened, We are now adding two new running numbers to our Mark 2B release programme, with two TSOs in West Coast Railways maroon livery!

mk2b-tso-5487-gbayer-16x9.jpg.f28dd1cf2abd01df68df2b59483b945b.jpg

Accurascale BR Mk.2b TSO WCRC 5487.jpg

You really are spoiling some of us now guys!

Unfortunately (or fortunately  depending how you look at it) I don’t have a big enough layout to accommodate the full train, even if I could justify the purchase of a Bachmann WCRC 57/3 and their Mk1s to go with them. My only excuses for resisting you this time..!

I know plenty do have the room though and they will snap these up!

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Fran and Co,

This is another really useful and well timed announcement, having nicked the MK1’s I had to go into the SRPS rake. I was planning a mix of Pullman, MK 1 and MK2a’s for the mainline WCRC charter set and spotted the MK2b’s mixed in so these will fit perfectly and full the missing gap.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 6

• 1 month later...