Mark 2b, By Accurascale and IRM!

Definitely want the Trans Pennine ones to go with 47475 and the Model Rail pair of coaches done several years ago. 

I know it cheeky but is there any chance when you do the paint samples you might look at putting the carriage labels in the door windows like Bachmann did.

1330555379_IMG_20210826_1250582.jpg.7271f9aed9e43a962ec6b287a909b578.jpg

I know it's not the best quality but my phone camera can't zoom in enough.

Edited by slg
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Downendian said:

as Robert has said will look odd with Bachy mark 2As and catering vehicles with the lack of close coupling. 

And height but they will look better alongside Bach/Hornby Mk1 stock.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Another absolute belter!

What you are doing now is updating those models that go for silly money as second hand. Hopefully this will start to realign the expectations of those asking for that price.

Obviously nobody has to pay that price, but still….

Seriously tempted by an NSE rake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh for crying out loud, enough already why don’t you just start a bank. Where people invest their money and you just send out lovely goodies now and again. 

I now know what I can save up for to go with the Deltic. Very happy with this announcement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

All those in Hornby's video were badly bent.

Only early proofing samples were shown though. I can't imagine this will go uncorrected.

You imagine correct, they will be straight as arrows on the production models!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

No mk2’s in passenger use, that ended with Yarmouth, Rhymney in 2019 but they were mk2d’s.

WCRC has a sole mk2b, 5487, registered.

Royal Train has a mk2b BFK. 2920.

A quick look at my historical Platform 5’s shows several TSO listed but lingering stored at Kineton in 2000 in NSE livery. No FK/BFK at that point. WC had 2 TSO running in Y2K.

Not sure the departmental situation.

VCT lists 34 entering preservation, 11 since scrapped, several in non-railway use (camping, cafes etc)… according to VCT in the UK (EWS), 3 FK in UK, all non working,  0 BFK preserved, aside the royal ones, the rest are TSO.

as for a running mk2b BFK in service, Ive gone back to a single example in 1985 at Laira (that may already have been in departmental services by that date)… W17107.. became 2920 in the Royal Train in 1990. The other is 2905.

There is a yellow Mk2b in regular use. 977969 - ex 2906/14112.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

53 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Not a coaching stock expert myself but I do know the Mk2c had smaller toilet windows, and possible the funny vent above the droplights on the doors, but apart from probably underframe differences, are they similar enough to run on from the Mk2b range ?

Mark 2c stock is a minefield of detail variations including at least two different toilet windows and three different roof vents. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Icing on the Deltic cake. My only complaint, I can't read the small print on the formations charts. What's the source for those formations, the graphics look familiar. I've tried enlarging, but I loose the writing and only get the centre of the formations. 

Edited by w124bob

• RMweb Premium

Wow, at last!!!

Had lots of mileage in the FKs, Class 50 hauled on the 10.27 Paddington to Penzance and 10.50 Penzance to Paddington trains, which in the early-80s were booked for a declassified 1st class rake. Often got a whole 1st class compartment to myself.

When will they be available to pre/order on your accurascale.eu site please?

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I would happily take a few in N if you are firing up your shrink ray please .

Likewise.

Given recent history with the Mk5, Cemflo and the MoD flask wagons, my guess is they'll come in a black and Orange box labelled "Revolution Trains" (Revolution have said they have another range of coaches on the drawing board to follow on from the Mk5).

Steven B.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Wow, at last!!!

Had lots of mileage in the FKs, Class 50 hauled on the 10.27 Paddington to Penzance and 10.50 Penzance to Paddington trains, which in the early-80s were booked for a declassified 1st class rake. Often got a whole 1st class compartment to myself.

When will they be available to pre/order on your accurascale.eu site please?

https://accurascale.eu/collections/coaches/subclass_mk2b?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Am I missing something, or is there no B/G TSO with Inter-City branding and early OHL warning flashes, but two each of without Inter-City plus early OHL and with Inter-City plus later OHL?

FK W13511 (ACC2668) and BFK W17107 (ACC2669) have that combination but not a TSO?

The Mk2b was the mainstay in the last years of LHCS on the pre-electrified West Anglia line, Liverpool Street—Cambridge—King’s Lynn, first in B/G InterCity, then in NSE, and as often as not hauled by Cl.37s.

Damnit. I sold most of my 00 stock a couple of years ago and went large instead, but now I’m thinking maybe there’s some room for a little 00…

Paul