Loksound V4L outputs

pylonman

• RMweb Premium

Hi.

I'm putting a Loksound V4L into a DJH class 47.

I have obviously got to wire this myself ; I don't have a convenient socket ready wired.

The wiring doesn't present much of a problem to me except for a lack of information, which is where I hope

someone can help me;

The AUX outputs have a current limit of 500mA per output, with a total of 1 amp for the device ; this info is given in the

user manual for the Loksound V4 decoder family............ this raises another question ;

As the V4L and the 4XL are significantly different from the other members of the Loksound 4 family, why isn't there a

separate user manual for them ???

I have gone off topic ;

Does anybody know what the current limits are for the following ?

FL

RL

5 volts

V+

Fan output (Fan+ and Fan-)

Thanks

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, RichardSpoors said:

The supplementary instruction brochure states that all 11 Function outputs on the V4L are 500mA.  The 4XL is fully covered in the core V4.0 manual.

Richard

Thanks for your response.

I am quite happy with the outputs for the Aux Outputs and the motor outputs they are clearly stated in the relevant literature, it is the other outputs I'm interested in, as mentioned in my initial post.

Regards

• RMweb Premium

Incidently, Two Tone Green, I like your username.

If I build another 47 it will be two tone green, and small front panel.

I vaguely remember George Jackson Churchward passing through Shrewsbury Station around 1964/65........  didn't have a clue what I was looking at then, but I remembered the name and the fact that it was immaculately painted........... it can't have been very old when I saw it, and my train spotter friend didn't know what it was.... he'd never seen one before.

Regards

• RMweb Premium

Hi.

Thanks to those who have taken an interest.

I have received info, albeit in a rather abrupt fashion, from Southwest Digital.

Problem solved.