Coronation class loco - body or kit available in N/2mm?

Royal42

• RMweb Gold

I would like to build a Coronation class loco, for a diorama in 2mm scale/N gauge, and have need for at least the body piece.  I have checked Peter's Spares and Graham Farish Spares but to no avail.  Does anyone know of any other sources, either for a kit or just the body?

cheers,
Mike

Edited by Royal42

• RMweb Gold

Hello Bernard,

thank you for those links.  I am going to order one but can you just confirm, because one is Chinese made, that they are to British 1:148 scale?  Please excuse my ignorance on this.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Bernard.   The OO/HO Princess Royal was the only train (set) that I ever had, it was for my tenth birthday, and I still have fond memories of that.

As to the Coronation,  the loco won't be an RTR as it is needed for this diorama:

46235 "City of Birmingham" being transported to the science museum in Birmingham.

2069162575_WynnsPacificM26_07_with_City_of_Birmingham_outside_the_Science_Museum_1000px_c_Terence_Dorrity.jpg.3012c59bcc0ac1af89f8ec6516f75016.jpg

photo copyright of Terence Dorrity.  Message sent to Terry advising of using the image and asking for permission.

I will order the body from Farish Spares and will probably scratchbuild all the other components.  Being a non-runner and on that trailer, I won't have a need to get pure accuracy underneath.

cheers,
Mike

Edited by Royal42
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

If you look around you can find a few. I own a working Queen Elizabeth in N.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y6NXGj5Yy84EmW2A7

No, she's not for sale. Just thought I'd mention it :D

I actually wanted a Princess Elizabeth because my Dad gave me two Triang models back in the day (a black one and a better green one). Sadly there appears never to have been a PE in N. Like the APT-E that I also want it seems like it will never happen.

Edited by AndrueC

• RMweb Premium
On 27/08/2021 at 17:40, Royal42 said:

I would like to build a Coronation class loco, for a diorama in 2mm scale/N gauge, and have need for at least the body piece.  I have checked Peter's Spares and Graham Farish Spares but to no avail.  Does anyone know of any other sources, either for a kit or just the body?

cheers,
Mike

Probably no use to you but I have produced etched kits for the Princess Royal and Princess Coronation in 2mm finescale. Here are a couple of pics.

936144252_CoB7.JPG.5b32816ec889f1acc9db104855f51699.JPG

1710955324_PrincessArthur2P.JPG.2c9b76c72a255d250166a515d1219687.JPG

Nigel Hunt

Edited by Nig H
update
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1