Liverpool 4th and 5th September 2021

Michael Delamar

Our annual exhibition is going ahead next weekend, apologise for the late update on RMWeb, as there have been changes to the layouts and traders up to the last minute.

the list below is the current list and as yet is not updated on the club web page so please see the post below.

Blackbrook HaltOO6ft x 2ft

Circle Line 5ft diameter

Corwen OO 32ft x 8ft

Edge Hill             EM7.6ft x 2.6ft

Funville                 OO    8ft x 4ft

Goodley Lane TMD  OO10ft x 1ft

Huxley JunctionO14.5ft x 2.5ft   

Kitedale  S416.6ft x 2.3ft

Leighmoor BoisOO 12ft x 6ft

Llanrug 13ft x 2ft

Llwyn GrugN   15ft x 4ft

Santa Barbara N16ft x 3ft

Trewithick4mm/EM16ft x 1ft

traders

ABC Models
Tel 0781 303 1152

Web www.abcmodels.co.uk

Along Classic Lines

Tel  0161 614 1099

Email info@alongclassiclines.com

Country Park Models

Tel 0117 9860 124

Culcheth Models
Tel 0800 0463595

CM3 Models

Tel 0776 6697708

cm3models.co.uk

Enwins 3D Models

Furness Models
Tel 07736 390913

modeltraintrader@aol.co.uk

G. M. Transport books

Leigh Models & Hobbies
Www..facebook.com/groups/leighmodelsanhobbies

North Western Models

Railstuff
WWW.rail-stuff.com

The Trainman Model Railways

Vintage Prints
Tel 0151 9280863

vintageprints@talktalk.net

Location Old Christ Church Waterloo. Waterloo Road,
Liverpool,
L22 1RE

Opening Times

Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday 10am - 4:30pm

Edited by Michael Delamar
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Michael Delamar changed the title to Liverpool 5th 6th September 2021
  • Michael Delamar changed the title to Liverpool 4th and 5th September 2021

Well this is good news (the venue doesn't make much difference to me because the church and Merchants' are both easily walkable from my house). I don't go to many exhibitions,  but I've missed attending the ones that I normally do; so I'll be there.

Jim

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, sixteen 12by 10s said:

slight problem, most of the operating team ended up in Bridewell jail, luckily for the show, bail was excepted, so see you tomorrow 

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-04 at 22.35.09.jpeg

You all look like you're having a great time.

It's a measure perhaps of where some of us find ourselves now, that I look upon photos like that (folk packed tightly together in an indoor space) with a mixture of envy and horror.

Hope you had a good show over the weekend, anyway.

On 02/09/2021 at 22:21, Jim Martin said:

Well this is good news (the venue doesn't make much difference to me because the church and Merchants' are both easily walkable from my house). I don't go to many exhibitions,  but I've missed attending the ones that I normally do; so I'll be there.

Jim

My old stamping ground! (And my Alma Mater :D )

• 1 month later...

I am interested in collating information from recent shows about attendance, compared with pre-Covid years.   The aim would be to help inform other clubs about what to expect or plan for when reaching decisions.   Can you quantify anything from the Liverpool Show please e.g. the percentage change in attendance compared with the last equivalent show?  Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen Wolstenholme

• RMweb Gold
On 05/09/2021 at 19:21, Captain Kernow said:

It's a measure perhaps of where some of us find ourselves now, that I look upon photos like that (folk packed tightly together in an indoor space) with a mixture of envy and horror.

Hope you had a good show over the weekend, anyway.

The show was enjoyable and despite travelling in by Miseryrail and out via Lime Street the Covid-19 app on my phone didn't ping and I survived intact.

On 12/09/2021 at 21:56, sixteen 12by 10s said:

i must say, what an absolutely superb time was had, not only did i win the layout of the show, i won the hubcap trophy (awarded to the biggest piss taker of the scousers) thanks lads for a bostin time 

Well deserved. Missed you but did get a good look at the layout when Her Ladyship was operating.

I knew the area where it is meant to represent without having to read the stuff at the side. It just oozed Black Country 1960-ish to me.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2021 at 22:36, TheSignalEngineer said:

The show was enjoyable and despite travelling in by Miseryrail and out via Lime Street the Covid-19 app on my phone didn't ping and I survived intact.

Well deserved. Missed you but did get a good look at the layout when Her Ladyship was operating.

I knew the area where it is meant to represent without having to read the stuff at the side. It just oozed Black Country 1960-ish to me.

thanks, came home with a big snagging list, and quite a few invites, here's how i found the one fiddle yard after Her Ladyship had been operating 

241552890_4228080113955099_3476929109909566216_n.jpg

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, sixteen 12by 10s said:

here's how i found the one fiddle yard after Her Ladyship had been operating 

241552890_4228080113955099_3476929109909566216_n.jpg

Looks like that (in)famous Saltley Seagull Stacker Steadman has been at work there, but for the full effect the van should be balanced upside down on the brake and the next wagon balanced on top of the pile.

24 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Looks like that (in)famous Saltley Seagull Stacker Steadman has been at work there, but for the full effect the van should be balanced upside down on the brake and the next wagon balanced on top of the pile.

(in)famous Saltley Seagull Stacker Steadman, who got the name "A bridge to far" ?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, sixteen 12by 10s said:

(in)famous Saltley Seagull Stacker Steadman, who got the name "A bridge to far" ?

I don't remember that name, although I have heard the incident described as a shunt too far or a long train up the short neck. 

It was sometimes a pint too far in the Olive Branch or Vauxhall BRSA Club. When Reg Lowe became Area Manager at Saltley he visited the club. He was introduced to Stacker and the Club Secretary told Reg that if he wanted to know the history of the name to look in the staff files. His would be easy to find because it was the thickest in the cabinet as he had got the best Form 1 collection in the depot.