Lighting issues with Dapol O gauge class 122

Diesel Bob

Hi. Has anyone had issues with lighting on the latest Dapol O gauge Class 122 Bubble car ? I have installed a Zimo DCC sound decoder and the lights at number one end do not work. The lights at number two end are fine. The lights work at number one end if I press function 12 ? but only the white lights, no red lights when changing direction. The chip works fine on my OO gage Dapol class 122. I have tried several other non sound decoders (Bachmann 21 pin) with differing results, mainly white lights at number one end stay on all the time. I am completely baffled, hopefully someone will have a solution. I guess a CV change is required, but dont know which CV needs altering.

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid that this isn't a very helpful response, because I don't know how to resolve the issue, but I can confirm you are not going mad; mine is exactly the same.  I am using ESU Loksound 5s with Legomanbiffo's latest class 121 sound project.  I agree that it is probably a CV issue, but the Loksound 5 instruction manual might as well be in double dutch on this point (at least to me).  As matters stand, I cannot get anything except the head/tail lights to work at the no. 1 end.  One of the function buttons causes the headlights and destination blind or the taillights to work at the other end - but they are not the right way round (ie the wrong lights illuminate for the direction selected) - and they switch off once the train starts to move!

Time for me to master a new skill, methinks!   

The Dapol instructions are not much help.

I have the DCC fitted version, and it currently operates with the cab and car lights on, unless F2 and F5 functions are actuated (contrary to the instructions).  Directional, tail lights work (normally) with F0 and F1.

Assuming that this is an Imperium 3 decoder and that this is set up as the instructions, you might be able to work back from this Dapol CV guide and the notes regarding CV setting:

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/pdfs/imperium cvlist_1-0D.pdf

…however this itself is not the most comprehensive document.

Great model Dapol, but poor DCC guidance. Might be worth dropping them an email if this doesn’t work for you.

Good luck,

N

Edited by neal

Using decoderpro and a Zimo decoder I have managed to get the running lights and interior lights sorted but not the cab lights. F0 is one end directional white/red and F1 the other end directional with F5 the interior. So I have ordered a Imperium 3 just to see if I can get all lights to work correctly.

According to decoderpro I'm using FO(f) FO(r) FO(1) FO(2) FO(4)

Eureka a light bulb moment

OK I have set my Zimo636D to become a 636C by writing 3 to CV8 which configures two functions to logic level and now it works perfectly.

So exactly as the Dapol booklet (almost) they say F4 for interior whereas its F5.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 29/08/2021 at 21:55, uk_pm said:

I'm afraid that this isn't a very helpful response, because I don't know how to resolve the issue, but I can confirm you are not going mad; mine is exactly the same.  I am using ESU Loksound 5s with Legomanbiffo's latest class 121 sound project.  I agree that it is probably a CV issue, but the Loksound 5 instruction manual might as well be in double dutch on this point (at least to me).  As matters stand, I cannot get anything except the head/tail lights to work at the no. 1 end.  One of the function buttons causes the headlights and destination blind or the taillights to work at the other end - but they are not the right way round (ie the wrong lights illuminate for the direction selected) - and they switch off once the train starts to move!

Time for me to master a new skill, methinks!   

Hi uk_pm.

When you ordered the 121/122 Decoder, did you order the one for the 7mm 0 Gauge, as the 7mm is totally different from the 4mm version!!!      PPS If you did then its an error on my part, as we are just finishing off the project, now we have a 122 model to test it on.   Suggest you send it bavk to me.   Charlie 'Legomanbiffo-dckits.

• RMweb Gold
On 31/08/2021 at 23:44, charliepetty said:

Hi uk_pm.

When you ordered the 121/122 Decoder, did you order the one for the 7mm 0 Gauge, as the 7mm is totally different from the 4mm version!!!      PPS If you did then its an error on my part, as we are just finishing off the project, now we have a 122 model to test it on.   Suggest you send it bavk to me.   Charlie 'Legomanbiffo-dckits.

Hi Charlie

I have PMd you - but for the record, I simply bought the 21-pin decoder knowing it fitted the Dapol O gauge 122.  I didn’t specifically say which model it was for.  This is NOT an error on your part!  I think its probably stupidity on mine.  

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, wgura said:

Auf der Webside von Youchoos ist eine Anleitung für die Installierung eines ZIMO MX 644C  beschrieben und da steht , dass die Dapol Anleitung nicht richtig ist. Bitte nachlesen.

nerWir

"Ich lieb' dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht, aha! Da, da, da!" (Trio, 1981)

I'm afraid that's all the German I've got!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

Fitted an Imperium 3 8 function decoder to my bubble car today and set the CV settings to those suggested in the Dapol user guide.  The front and rear lights work fine on F0 and F1 but can't get the interior lights or cab lights to work on any function.  Is this another case of resetting CV8 as suggested above or something different?

Thanks in advance.

E

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/10/2021 at 16:40, hoover50008 said:

Hi folks

Fitted an Imperium 3 8 function decoder to my bubble car today and set the CV settings to those suggested in the Dapol user guide.  The front and rear lights work fine on F0 and F1 but can't get the interior lights or cab lights to work on any function.  Is this another case of resetting CV8 as suggested above or something different?

Thanks in advance.

E

Have you sorted it yet? I have just fitted sound to mine and had the same problem until I securely clicked the body onto the chassis at the non exhaust end. Everything fine after it was all screwed back together. 

On 13/11/2021 at 08:08, G.M.R. said:

Have you sorted it yet? I have just fitted sound to mine and had the same problem until I securely clicked the body onto the chassis at the non exhaust end. Everything fine after it was all screwed back together. 

Hi Geoff

No didn't manage to sort it unfortunately so took it back to the shop where I bought it, unfortunately they didn't have a replacement one.  Waiting for the Heljan one to appear now.

E