Pecorama - the shop and the railway

Covkid

Looking to visit the Pecorama site in a couple of weeks, more for the shop than the trains. I have a shopping list of PC kits and Peco products and wondered what stocks are like at the shop. I would have liked a code 75 double slip but realise that is highly unlikely.    

Taking an elderly, mobility-challenged person father in law and wondered if it was worth trying a ride on the BHLR.

Welcome any comments and advice. 

33 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Looking to visit the Pecorama site in a couple of weeks, more for the shop than the trains. I have a shopping list of PC kits and Peco products and wondered what stocks are like at the shop. I would have liked a code 75 double slip but realise that is highly unlikely.    

Taking an elderly, mobility-challenged person father in law and wondered if it was worth trying a ride on the BHLR.

In for a treat - an excellent day out. Gardens the BHLR Railway the lot - yes factory is on site.

The drive down to Beer is steepish and there is a bit of gradient around the site.

Good times  - fabulous holidays past in Devon - family sadly all grown up and gone now.

Memories.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Covkid said:

The site's got some steep climbs on it, but I went there before I had my replacement valve, and didn't find it too bad.

• RMweb Gold

Went there last week, booked the day before and it didn’t feel busy. The site is over 2 levels with a very steep footpath between them, the lower level has blue badge parking, is flat and where the exhibition and shop are. The shop seemed well stocked but I wasn’t looking for anything specific. BHLR and gardens are on the upper level, BHLR is flat and near the entrance so would expect it to be easy to get to, the parking could be an issue as there is a bit of a steep hill to the top car park as well. The gardens are over different levels but the paths aren’t overly steep or tricky to navigate. 

Had a really good day there, also went into Seaton for a trip on the trams as well.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, StuAllen said:

Went there last week, booked the day before and it didn’t feel busy. The site is over 2 levels with a very steep footpath between them, the lower level has blue badge parking, is flat and where the exhibition and shop are. The shop seemed well stocked but I wasn’t looking for anything specific. BHLR and gardens are on the upper level, BHLR is flat and near the entrance so would expect it to be easy to get to, the parking could be an issue as there is a bit of a steep hill to the top car park as well. The gardens are over different levels but the paths aren’t overly steep or tricky to navigate. 

Had a really good day there, also went into Seaton for a trip on the trams as well.

I hope you went to Frydays chippy in Seaton and can cofirm (hopefully) that it is still up to scratch?

• RMweb Premium

Give them a call first to make sure they are open.  I planned a day out to visit to Peco a few years ago from a holiday in Exmouth and found them unexpectedly closed.   Instead I spent a very pleasant afternoon on the Seaton Tramway, but Peco remains on my "to do" list.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

I hope you went to Frydays chippy in Seaton and can cofirm (hopefully) that it is still up to scratch?

No had a cream tea at Pecorama, Frydays did smell good when we were walking to the beach though

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Totally off topic (sorry) but I certainly agree that Frydays is the place to go for fish and chips in Seaton though two fish and one lot of chips is sufficient unless you are looking to buy a larger belt and trousers! The shop at Pecorama is well stocked and the manager Mark is very helpful and capable of digging out old copies of the Railway Modeller if you need a hard copy of an old edition.

Always worth a visit!

all the best

Godfrey

• Like 3