Class 37 Body Swop ??

5 minutes ago, Shedmaster 47 said:

Hello , could anyone advise me as to the possibility  of  fitting a Hornby Railroad  class 37 body , onto a Bachman chassis please ?

Any help would be most welcome ..Thankyou 

The Hornby Railroad body from memory is the old Lima body tooling, from memory it didn't fit well when I tried it in the early 2000s as the Lima shell was wider (thinner plastic, no tumblehome)  and used different fixings. Best bet would be to find either a railroad chassis or to find a ViTrains class 37 chassis which were designed for the Lima shell.

• Like 1

Thanks very much 37114 ,i couldnt afford the bachman or accurascale version of this particular loco ,so opted for Hornby version ( on -pre order ) so cant try for myself as yet as to weather the tooling and fixing method has changed over time ..

Many thanks ..

Allan.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Shedmaster 47 said:

Thanks very much 37114 ,i couldnt afford the bachman or accurascale version of this particular loco ,so opted for Hornby version ( on -pre order ) so cant try for myself as yet as to weather the tooling and fixing method has changed over time ..

Many thanks ..

Allan.

if it helps we do flexible installments so you could put a few pounds a month away until delivery.  

On 01/09/2021 at 12:12, Shedmaster 47 said:

Many thanks ..

Allan.

Depending on your modelling skills, putting a Lima/Hornby 37 body on the Bachmann chassis is not that difficult . I have done five up to press.  All have had Extreme Etching nose ended added to the body, plasticard has been added ti the nose ended for the mounting screws to fix into. The main body has had postcard added for mounting screws to fix into and plasticard added to the bodyside at low level to make up for the difference in body width.

Al Taylor

• Like 2