Leeds Stedman LMS Coach

Nortonville Phil

Recently I purchased this coach off EBay. It is missing a bogie. I was wondering if someone might point me in the direction of where I might find a spare bogie. I am in the US. Or perhaps a pair of similar type bogies with finescale wheels could be purchased. I just am not familiar with who the suppliers are for this type of item.

Thanks for any assistance.

Phil Randall

54F9B3B5-9A83-44AB-B561-E9BF59680B9E.jpeg

Edited by Nortonville Phil
Name added. Spelling error
  • Round of applause 1

If Mr Peacock at Leeds-Stedman Trust can’t oblige, then Bruce Palmer probably can.

He is an occasional correspondent on RMWeb, but I have his contact details if this post doesn’t attract his attention.

stedman, not steadman 

Edited by Nearholmer
  • Like 2

Possibly the first company, certainly the first in Britain, to make moulded-plastic r-t-r rolling stock, before WW2, and to a standard that still fools ebay sellers who perpetually list them as "possibly kit built". In that, and a number of other things, they were well ahead of the game.

• 3 months later...

If you intend to pursue an interest in LMC products David Peacocks book available from the trust is an essential buy, giving chapter and verse on LMC products over the years. The Dutch HRCA website also have some excellent pictures of Leeds models. Both David and Bruce Palmer are very helpful guys as well as providing those essential parts for restorations.

• Agree 1

Yes Id reccomend David Peacock ...BUT I do some things David dosnt , like replica wooden bodyshells , older type bogies ,some castings ,truss rods and repro overlays .Its very much a joint effort !

David will also fix locos ....I dont . But my catalogues are available via email ..Im afraid I dont have a website . bpalmer498@btinternet.com

Bruce

• Informative/Useful 1