Red Arrow Infra-red Control

Hello everyone,

Stumbled across this system recently and would like to explore it further.

Red Arrow System website does not respond, so I assume this system has been dropped and is no longer produced.

However, having recently taken onboard a set of components, I am keen to discover if anyone has any information or

even a set of instructions/manual I have seen referred to, which may help.

All responses gladly received.

Many thanks, in advance,

David.

Hi

I have instructions etc that I can let you have when i get a chance to scan them. bear with me for a couple of days or so as they have been rescued from my damp workshop and will need to dry out before i risk them in the automatic scanner!

John

• RMweb Premium

You could do a basic system with an Arduino and a cheap Remote controller.

Whilst playing Arduino, I knocked up a system to control servos from a TV handset.

Controlling a motor should be reasonably easy.

There is an Arduino Library for remote control handsets and can resolve many different code sets e.g. Sony, Panasonic etc.

Yes, once you get past really bottom of the range cheapo stuff, even toys like those litle remote-controlled helicopters now tend to use radio, rather than infrared, because the latter is so prone to poor reception.

It is quite easy to tranplant the radio kit from a £10 toy into a model train and obtain good control, and if you want to go up a stage in quality and still stay probably cheaper than most ready-to-use things on the market, have a look at this https://www.playmobil.co.uk/remote-control-set-2.4ghz/6914.html  I bought a Playmobil 45mm gauge trainset with this built in for my children c10 years ago. The entire set, loco, wagon, track, goods, little people etc was c£100, and the quality of control as good as I was getting on my hundreds of pounds locos, which use basically the same technology.