Merco smokey brick and random stone paper.

Hi all.

I know this stuff is like the proverbial rocking horse poo to get hold of, but does anyone have a sheet of either of these two ('smokey brick', and 'random stone') that they can scan and send as a file? I know reproduction of colour is difficult, as is finding the right paper, but I am willing to try, and if necessary accept the results, or even attempt to reproduce them from scratch. 

I have access to some very high end facilities through work.

Can anyone assist? 

I'm guessing copyright no longer an issue? 

Failing that, does anyone know of a close modern substitute? 

Be interesting if anyone has,i used loads of Merco smokey brick in the 1960s.Iy was overscale but looked great.It was printed on a dark greyish brown paper which gave it its background colour,They also supplied brick arche retaing wall as well,that would be nice to see again.

Ray.

Thanks for that scan.Here it is ,converted to jpeg and adjusted in photoshop.Brings back memories.Now if any one has a scan of the brick arches which came in a 20 inch strip,my cup would runneth over!.It comes out a bit lighter on print out using a Canon MX495 and Canon inks.

Ray.

Merco brick paper.jpg

Edited by sagaguy
Extra information.
  • Thanks 1

These are Jpeg images which can be downloaded to a good photo editing program such as Photoshop and the colours, brightness etc.and lightened or darkened to your requirements. The original paper was a darkish grey akin to a rag paper which gave the print a darkish colour. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...