L&Y class 28 in 4mm

• RMweb Premium

There is one on the Shapeways site from Sparkshot Custom Creations. They post on here and have posted a price list showing one they have printed themselves is dramatically cheaper than through Shapeways.

There are 3 versions -

1) Those built as class 28s from the start 

2) Those rebuilt from a Aspinal Class 11/27 and reclassified as the Class 28 due to its superheating

3) A final one that is another one as built from the start as a 28.

They also do the tender

Their thread on here and page with the better prices on is here.

Sadly the Craftsman kit is long gone and as the range has ceased the above is really the best way. 

Best wishes
Duncan 

• Like 1

Thank you that looks great. Although I’ve just looked at the one I want to do 52135 and BR database says that is a class 11? I’m not well up on the detail differences of these locos.

https://brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=locodata&type=S&id=406043065&loco=1117

Fazakerley North Junction

I do have a Craftsman kit but will build that as it is intended.

• RMweb Premium

The class 11 is how the L&Y initially referred to the Hughes class 27.  Your engine was built in October 1891 as you know and rebuilt with a belpaire saturated boiler in January 1913. There is one thing I find odd that the Railway modeller drawings refer to the fitted cab front as those fitted to the superheated class 28, which seems at odds with the records by Barry Lane. Hope that helps. 

Duncan