Caistorail 23rd & 24th October

steve1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would have been tempted to visit, but with the West Lindsey district (which includes Caistor) recently having an alarmingly high Covid infection rate, and one of the above pictures showing no face mask in use, I'll be staying at home, staying well.

I concur with the comments above, it  followed the usual high standard of past Caistor shows with some very entertaining layouts and a good selection of trade (too good in my view, good traders = more money spent…).

Was particularly fascinated by the signals for 5” gauge railways outside. Aside from their intended use, they would make interesting garden ornaments. The cost was even more intriguing at less than £50 for a single arm, solid post signal. The Midland LQ was particularly attractive.

As for masks, I understand that the gent above was specifically requested to remove his for the photo, just to remove any possible doubt that it really was him behind a layout…

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I am interested in collating information from recent shows about attendance, compared with pre-Covid years.   The aim would be to help inform other clubs about what to expect or plan for when reaching decisions.   Can you quantify anything from the Caistor Show please e.g. the percentage change in attendance compared with the last equivalent show?  Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen Wolstenholme

On 25/10/2021 at 21:24, Stephenwolsten said:

I am interested in collating information from recent shows about attendance, compared with pre-Covid years.   The aim would be to help inform other clubs about what to expect or plan for when reaching decisions.   Can you quantify anything from the Caistor Show please e.g. the percentage change in attendance compared with the last equivalent show?  Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Your best bet is to contact the Exhibition manager via the shop Caistor Loco.

steve

• Thanks 1