Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The STRESS of watching someone build a model railway on the 'net

Harlequin

2 hours ago, Chris M said:

I have never watched such a video. As I get worked up at exhibitions where I see so many layouts that have have clearly been built on a flat baseboard it’s best that I don’t watch any construction videos. It takes me all my self control to keep quiet, especially when people invest so much into excellent model making but spoil it by being members of the flat earth society.

Lucky there are so many Great Eastern engines available these days.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, melmerby said:

Yes

A layout based on Fenland - the epitome of flat baseboards!

And the American Mid-West :thankyou:  :blum:

One possible reason some exhibition layouts are on flat boards is because such boards are easy to build, keep rigid, and transport.  But by no means all, or even many, exhibition layouts are like this, by any stretch of the imagination. I think some people just get overly cynical, at times.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, melmerby said:

Yes

A layout based on Fenland - the epitome of flat baseboards!

A Fenland based layout would be just about diametrically opposite to a flat earth baseboard. 

The railway would very possibly be the highest point in the landscape.

More On Topic, I have seen maybe half a dozen "build a layout" type films on YouTube...

That is more than enough for me ta...

Conversely, a lot of the ones that I  do see on matters related to joinery, woodwork and general construction (particularly  those from north America, where they do things a whole lot of different) are often very educational or thought provoking or at the very least entertaining.

Edited by LBRJ

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, LBRJ said:

A Fenland based layout would be just about diametrically opposite to a flat earth baseboard. 

The railway would very possibly be the highest point in the landscape.

But the baseboard would still be flat with the track on a same height embankment all the way.:yes:

• Like 1