Bradford Interchange (circa 1987-91) in N

jonhinds

3 hours ago, kryten65 said:

IIRC... and it is seriously dredging the memories, those right hand side bays were used for various maintenance vans, the station cleaning team vans liveired in wypte red and cream are ones i remember being there, the space right in front of the skip was usually kept clear to let the biffa wagon in, next to the three cabinets next to the catch point for the loop was the station managers spot.

then the rest of the spaces down either side were used by the station staff, I think Red star had a marked space next to the stairs on the left but I cant remember any other specific markings for offloading as the remainder of the space was usually used either by the post office at various times through the day or bus/coach replacements

and the ramp at the side of the redstar was used for supplying the bakers and the bar downstairs

Hope this helps 

Many thanks!

I’m intrigued by the WYPTE cleaning vans. Found some photos of a Yorkshire Rider liveried Land Rover and Bedford road sweeper at the Interchange but assume these were for bus / road maintenance only. 

I’ll hedge a guess at the allocated spots being yellow lined on both sides. Presumably then the dashed spots were short stay? Either way enough info to go on.

2 hours ago, Ben B said:

Judging by how it looked last night, it was the typical Bradford Standard of put a car anywhere you liked, regardless of restrictions or if it would fit ;)

20231114_183755.jpg.e3d84bb148c342e5f331dde88a76875e.jpg

Still, looked quite nice in the evening as we walked back.

Some might say this is the best way to view Bradford City Centre at night. Small, and far away…

I’ve finally got round to starting the dreaded ballasting. This is DCC Concepts Legacy Ballast 2mm light grey blend. I messed around with chinchilla dust blends but had a disastrous previous attempt where it set into clay and needed to be removed. Turns out I got the ‘wrong’ kind of dust!

IMG_5005.jpeg.b586772bd663e3a7922a30b204d3f684.jpeg

One product I really wouldn’t recommend is Ballast Magic, which is a blend of powdered glue which is mixed with the ballast and then ‘set’ with the supplied atomiser spray bottle. Despite various ratios of glue to ballast it would not set properly, so I resorted to dampening the ballast with the atomiser then applying diluted ballasting glue directly using a dropper. Much better.

Here’s my best guess at the car park markings, based on photos and the helpful info supplied by @kryten65. The road markings are vinyl stickers from Scale Model Scenery. I also added areas of patched road surface and some drainage gutters. A layer of matt varnish was applied to seal everything. Like much of the layout the road surface still needs to be glued flat to the cork/baseboard, so it’s a bit lumpy.

IMG_5007.jpeg.4fa6817d37cac563b4de5cb5b6062484.jpeg

IMG_5006.jpeg.c71ca36bab3ee67cde790ea9b70ce634.jpeg

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Lacathedrale said:

It seems like there's a bit of a hump in the entrance to the car park? I do like that you've gone with actual usable bays :)

Yeah, I actually need to glue it down so there is indeed a rather unsightly (temporary) hump. I’ve been faffing around with airbrushing bits of detail on the road surface so haven’t got round to placing it in situ yet.

Probably should take pics when everything’s lined up and properly stick in place, but can’t help giving into temptation!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Had some running issues with both the 47 and 31, so as of last month they’ve been sent off to LP Rails. Recently I’ve been a bit bolder about disassembling locos, so perhaps servicing will be something I can tackle myself from here on.

I also treated myself to a second 47, because you can never have too many.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1