Help with oiling up

Hi, now I've grabbed your attentions with title!.....

I've got my self a expensive ornament....mono X and a wash and cure plus....First test print stuck to FEP...alot of forums suggest the the attached photo of  lube suggested...does any one know of uk supply or uk like for like replacement? 

I've wet and dried the build plate as it wasn't flat and set test print No2...

Next will be some setting tweaks, just want a lube as stand by as you never know when you need lubricants! 

20210905_231935.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-121643_Google.jpg

20210906_111716.jpg

Edited by bradfordbuffer
Photo MiA

• RMweb Premium

There is a counter view, which I confess I now subscribe to, that adding lubricant to the FEP is not a great idea. As far as I am aware, none of the printer, FEP or resin manufacturers recommend it as it is adding a further chemical to the mix. I did try it at one point but it was, in my opinion,  completely pointless. It's better to work at dialling in the best settings for your printer / resin / environment combination.

You are trying to print the test cube which on a good day is notoriously difficult and really does not give an indication if you have an issue. I suggest you print the R_E_F_R file on the USB and see how that performs. It will give you a good idea of the optimum settings for your combination of printer and resin.

The R_E_F_R results are explained in the manual and you need to select the best result for the type of models you are intending to print. With those settings, I would ignore the cube and get on and print something you want instead.

It's a steep learning curve to get the results you want but worthwhile when you hit the sweet spot and understand the parameters well.

Edited by JimFin

5 hours ago, JimFin said:

There is a counter view, which I confess I now subscribe to, that adding lubricant to the FEP is not a great idea. As far as I am aware, none of the printer, FEP or resin manufacturers recommend it as it is adding a further chemical to the mix. I did try it at one point but it was, in my opinion,  completely pointless. It's better to work at dialling in the best settings for your printer / resin / environment combination.

You are trying to print the test cube which on a good day is notoriously difficult and really does not give an indication if you have an issue. I suggest you print the R_E_F_R file on the USB and see how that performs. It will give you a good idea of the optimum settings for your combination of printer and resin.

The R_E_F_R results are explained in the manual and you need to select the best result for the type of models you are intending to print. With those settings, I would ignore the cube and get on and print something you want instead.

It's a steep learning curve to get the results you want but worthwhile when you hit the sweet spot and understand the parameters well.

Thanks for advice....I'll stick to oiling bike chain only! Had a close look at build plate and quite a bevel ...see photo above.....rubbed on wet and dry paper stuck to board...still beveled but not as much re leveled build plate..I  a attempted another cube ...successful...magic! IMG-20210906-WA0001.jpeg.e922ff194a10e98dcf97d57e9606722b.jpeg

• Round of applause 1