Point of View (POV): Any scale, any country.

Chops

Do you ever use a micro cam to film or photograph your model trains from the perspective of a scale person? Cab shots, window shots, what do you got?

Bamburg Update

Filmed when I was starting my first serious attempt at British OO a few years back. Used a Hotwheels Video Racer perched upon a 3 plank wagon.

Wow, that is quite the layout! Great sound, too. What did you use for a camera?What happened that you had to dismantle it?

This has some POV shots taken, with a grand finale, using the Hotwheels Video Cam Racer. It is a satire of the travails of model railroaders everywhere. 

Please don't feed the dinosaurs.

Paleontology is fascinating, and I like to do photo bombs with it. The Hornby 0-4-0 pushing the cam wagon has two speeds: full on, and full off. Much like the Sopwith Camel. Diamonds spice up the routine. Whilst I strive to avoid collisions, the large buffer bars prevent damage. 

Classical Gas

I was experimenting with different POV angles with this one. The absurdly long Tyco super tankers, with their hand rails to nowhere and triple axle bogies, made for some interesting running. Ultimately, the HO scale camera man takes a beating. 

Edited by Chops
Add attachment

With G scale, all you need is a smartphone. This is a trip around my garden. The open coaches are scratchbuilt. They were designed to cope with being handled by toddlers and they were successful as they have survived two little ones and haven't yet had the close attention of the last little one. The sound  is from a cheap (£50) mylocosound unit. The loco is track powered DC. Although I say it myself I like the way she storms the bank early on in the vid and also the passing freight train at the intermediate station. Shockingly bad editing at the very end of the vid, I'll have a word with myself about that.

All aboard!

Edited by Chris M
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

That was a thrilling ride! Many curves, and the sound of the locomotive alternately cutting its steam or applying it was a charm. The pass-by scene of the ATSF freight was most unexpected; dramatic.  Did the train overshoot Lavender Hill, or are the tourists expected to hike it back to the platform? :D

Pacing another train, again with the low resolution Hotwheels Video Racer. The rolling tock is a bit of vintage Tyco, and a bit of not so vintage Mehano. For those of you who dislike sound tracks, the rumble of the wheels gets good play, here. 

Edited by Chops
Add attachment
  • Like 1

A Trip Around the New Armadilloville

Tyco, and the like, is generally considered passe rubbish, but it is rather delightful, and because it is so cheap (I've had people donate armloads of the stuff, while they try to clean out their garages) that after a while the 4 x 8 couldn't contain it all, so a 4x4 L was hafted on. 

Her Majesty's Council Upon the Consideration of Railway Safety and the Motoring Public

A spoof on British docu-trailers from the early age of film. The grainy sound of the audio from the Hot Wheels Video Cam is perfect; sounds like an old gramophone.