Warrington MRC Exhibition. 16th and 17th October, 2021.

Phatbob

• RMweb Gold

Warrington Model Railway Club’s Exhibition is coming up soon. 

The dates are:

Saturday 16th October
10.00 am to 5.00 pm
and
Sunday 17th October
10.00 am to 4:30 pm

at:

Warrington & Vale Royal College

Winwick Road Campus,

Winwick Road,

WARRINGTON WA2 8QA

Just off the A49 and close to the M6 & M62.

The venue has full disability access to all exhibits, toilets, and refreshments. Excellent and free parking is available on site.

Admission Prices:

Adults: £5; Children 5 –16: £1; Under 5s Free.

We aim to operate the exhibition as normally as we can. However, for the safety and well-being of all, we would ask visitors to kindly follow any guidance in place resulting from Covid-19 regulations.

Further information and any updates can be found at the Club’s website:

www.warringtonmodelrail.co.uk

image.png.4bb5522e4f72139b0aeb9700bcc5b19a.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Please Please 

A list of layouts and traders 

Terry 

I got this list from the WMRC exhibition manager.  Hope it helps.

Traders

Geoscenics 

Todmorden 

Northwesternmodels 

Sawyer Models 

Loco Fleet Shop 

Holder Collectables 

Grimy Times 

PowerBond 

Layouts 
5.5mm Modular 

Freshwater 

Clayton End 

Effingham Street 

Ellesmere 

Star Lane 

Westmoor Junction 

Dunkow Road 

Tunley Marsh 

Ulvaryd Strand 

Bad Kissen 

Masons Wharf 

Also worth noting that the admission price has gone DOWN this year.  I understand that WMRC have made the aisles wider for COVID-19 reasons, so they've reduced the price to preserve perceived value for money.

Edited by Phatbob
Accidental omission.
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

All ready for the set up tomorrow.

Reminder - excellent transport links to the exhibition venue. M6 & M62 junctions nearby and loads of FREE parking on site. Good catering facilities as well as a selection of traders and layouts - all for ONLY £5.00. Children ONLY £1.00 & under 5s FREE.

Ex 2 19 (3).jpg

Ex 19 (7).JPG

Ex 19 (8).JPG

• Like 4

A good one. I don't think there was anything close to a bad layout there. Very high standard for a smaller show.

I liked that large round Southern Region one with the EMUs, Star Lane. I could have watched that all day.

Not as far from the station as I thought it would be being on foot. Seemed miles away looking at Google Maps. 

Jason

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I always enjoy the Warrington show which is a nice smaller show compared to Wigan which is normally a couple of weeks before.

It was good to get out to see an exhibition this afternoon, my first since Model Rail Scotland last year. A good selection of layouts and agreed, the round Southern EMU layout for something so 'simple' was endlessly fascinating.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Went today with my brothers and did enjoy the show and to be honest was just grateful to be able to attend an exhibition again. Thank you to the organisers for taking that leap of faith I hope it was profitable for you.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

A good one. I don't think there was anything close to a bad layout there. Very high standard for a smaller show.

I liked that large round Southern Region one with the EMUs, Star Lane. I could have watched that all day.

Not as far from the station as I thought it would be being on foot. Seemed miles away looking at Google Maps. 

Jason

Depends which station central is closer than bank quay.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in collating information from recent shows about attendance, compared with pre-Covid years.   The aim would be to help inform other clubs about what to expect or plan for when reaching decisions.   Can you quantify anything from the Warrington Show please e.g. the percentage change in attendance compared with the last equivalent show?  Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen Wolstenholme