If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

South Eastern Finecast T9 etched chassis

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Looking for the etched chassis kit or otherwise, for the Wills/SEF T9.

Mega amounts offered, be patient though, access to the internet is patchy.

THANK YOU

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, uax6 said:

Can you not just phone Squires and order one?

Andy G

A lot of things are out of stock at Squires, Jack has commented elsewhere it was out of stock at Squires. Certainly better to phone than email as they are very slow to respond (weeks) Squires are also saying 6 to 8 weeks on things out of stock, which in the current circumstances is not a surprise. 

13 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

A lot of things are out of stock at Squires, Jack has commented elsewhere it was out of stock at Squires. Certainly better to phone than email as they are very slow to respond (weeks) Squires are also saying 6 to 8 weeks on things out of stock, which in the current circumstances is not a surprise. 

There is a huge backlog for many items, particularly from etching companies. It isn't just Squires who are affected.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I ordered some parts not long after Squires took over from Southeastern Finecast and they arrived quickly. Recently I have seen a few posts stating people have been waiting a few weeks for orders.

Just under a couple of weeks ago I ordered some parts and was told they may take up to 7 weeks to arrive, a couple of working days later they arrived. I found that I needed to order an extra part (my fault as I did not have a set of instructions/parts list. Phoned today and they were brilliant especially as it was low value. My experience is I cannot fault the service, perhaps not quite the knowledge of Dave, but then who would have !!! All I can say is what a lovely set of helpful staff, thank you

On 26/09/2021 at 22:39, ianmaccormac said:

Squires have one on ebay at the moment, oh no, sorry, it is just the tender! I didn't know you could get them separately!!

Tender kits have been available for many years, what I do not know is some etches are for both loco and tender, I guess you would get the complete etch