(North of )Whetstone station and (not the ) yard(Leicestershire)

tigerburnie

Having pretty much completed my LNER mainline village station layout, I have decided to return to my roots and go back to the Great Central in the 1950's and 1960's, the opportunity to model a location I knew very well is too much to resist, the only thing I am yet to decide on is do I demolish the Scottish layout or do I have two layouts? Rolling stock is pretty much inter changeable and both could utilise the same dcc control. Track plans are already pretty much complete, just need to see how much room the new layout would need. I like a circular plan, but this new project could just as easily be end to end with cartridges to feed either end. I have learnt a lot from my two previous builds and this later project may well see the use of motorised points be of a more portable nature, early days yet, but big ideas in mind for the winter lol.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This site was around a quarter of a mile long so around 20 feet just for the station, I think this project will have to be abandoned and aim for an area just north of the station that I modelled before, being rural in can be condensed without really detracting from the prototype retaining the key features

• tigerburnie changed the title to (North of )Whetstone station and (not the ) yard(Leicestershire)