Dcc concept s levers

Aln773

Hi, this is my first post and I am very happy to have joined this community!  I am working on my dcc layout, all points are dcc concepts with so far 4 surface mounted ones and 7 ip digital. I use the signa-trak controller and so far I am super happy. I just purchased the s levers and after following wiring instructions i am kind of stuck: when i move the lever connected to a surface mounted motor, the motor only works on one movement , but moving the lever back, the point doesn't return to the original position. If i inver the wiring, the movement is inverted too but still no return when I bring the lever back to the original position. Can someone kindly help me with this

• RMweb Premium

Agree they have always been helpful by email. For the IP digitalis you have, you would use the 3 momentary S lever outputs to the 3 momentary IP Digital push button inputs, with the common as the centre of each range of 3. (Like 3 wires from 2 independent push buttons).

I don’t know surface mount motors nor the signatrak controller. Some accessory control inputs may only need or take the equivalent of 2 unpowered wires from one momentary push button to change the point motor status. If that is what your surface mount or signatrak needs, then you use the S lever momentary common output for one wire, and you use both of the other momentary outputs for the other wire, bridged together.

Good luck getting it working. Tom