• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone! I know there are no cakebox competitions at the present. So I thought I would build a cakebox diorama with a coal yard theme around 1940s.

The wagons will come into the yard with a delivery of coal, then from there some coal would be shovelled into sacks and put on lorries. The remainder of the coal will be stored in a staithe.

I'm looking forward to building this diorama and hope you will like it as I progress. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Busy building kits today. The little lineside hut will be used as an office, the ratio staithe I have shortened slightly to make it look right as the base is 200 x 200mms.

The SL40 buffer has also been built up today and a coat of primer has been applied. As you can see the paper is the exact size of the sms baseboard which should arrive tomorrow. It's all planned out loosely on paper as I now have an idea of what it will look like.

More to follow tomorrow..

20210914-152916.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Terry thank you for the kind words and pointing this out to me about coal bins/staithes.

There has been a small change of plan, I wanted a rock face on the back of my layout. The baseboard has been built and a coat of storm grey paint has been applied before my track goes down. 

The basic structure of the rock face was finished yesterday afternoon and today I can add kitchen roll soaked in PVA glue to form the basis structure.

20210917-072345.jpg

• Like 1