Belmond British Pullman Pullman’s

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I’m doing a little research on the Belmond British Pullman Pullman vehicles as I might like to attempt to recreate it, and I’m getting confused by which vehicle types make up the train.  I know several are ex 5-Bel vehicles but which ones are these, also I’ve been told that several are Type K, again which one’s?

If anyone could help with identifying which vehicle to which type, I would be most grateful.

Very little research  -  type Belmond British Pullman - into Google - in fact my research was so thorough I didn't even do that I highlighted your thread title and right clicked to give search google for...

and then exhaustedly scrolled down to the fourth link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belmond_British_Pullman

does mummy still need to say 'here comes the aeroplane' to spoon feed you?

Edited by jonhall
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jonhall said:

Very little research  -  type Belmond British Pullman - into Google - in fact my research was so thorough I didn't even do that I highlighted your thread title and right clicked to give search google for...

and then exhaustedly scrolled down to the fourth link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belmond_British_Pullman

does mummy still need to say 'here comes the aeroplane' to spoon feed you?

I try Googling but all I got was the official website, but thanks for the link.

There are four different 'generations' of  Pullman used on the train:

Older K type, originally wood framed bodies on steel underframes, wood since replaced with steel.

1928 all-steel K types

1932 ex-Brighton Belle

1951 Golden Arrow type, again originally wood framed, now rebuilt in steel.

plus various support vehicles, mostly from BR Mk.1s.

None of the Pullmans look as they did as built: trusses added, bogies changed, rectangular toilet windows replaced; every type is slightly different now.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, BernardTPM said:

There are four different 'generations' of  Pullman used on the train:

Older K type, originally wood framed bodies on steel underframes, wood since replaced with steel.

1928 all-steel K types

1932 ex-Brighton Belle

1951 Golden Arrow type, again originally wood framed, now rebuilt in steel.

plus various support vehicles, mostly from BR Mk.1s.

None of the Pullmans look as they did as built: trusses added, bogies changed, rectangular toilet windows replaced; every type is slightly different now.

Well, that kills that idea <_<<_<<_<

• RMweb Premium
On 15/09/2021 at 05:35, jools1959 said:

I’m doing a little research on the Belmond British Pullman Pullman vehicles as I might like to attempt to recreate it, and I’m getting confused by which vehicle types make up the train.  I know several are ex 5-Bel vehicles but which ones are these, also I’ve been told that several are Type K, again which one’s?

If anyone could help with identifying which vehicle to which type, I would be most grateful.

Are you OO Gauge or N Gauge? I’ve begun my own rake using Hornbys K-Type, All Steel K-Type, and Brighton Belle coaches using the latest release versions with NEM couplings. It’s not going to look 100% accurate but it will be passable. I’ll try and dig out my list if you’d like. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Are you OO Gauge or N Gauge? I’ve begun my own rake using Hornbys K-Type, All Steel K-Type, and Brighton Belle coaches using the latest release versions with NEM couplings. It’s not going to look 100% accurate but it will be passable. I’ll try and dig out my list if you’d like. 

I’m modelling in OO gauge and your list would be great, much appreciated.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

I’m modelling in OO gauge and your list would be great, much appreciated.

Ok here’s my list.

Minerva, Cygnus, and Ibis are the only ones that I didn’t change identities on because they came in the original VSOE boxed set, but I did remove the names and replace them with Railtec transfers so the colours matched the rest of the rake. Railtec do the full rake of transfers with a few extras included too. 

The LNER Baggage coach is included because I like it lol. But of course it’s not used in the modern day rake.
The R4514 Brighton Belle coaches had their chassis changed with the the latest release of Brighton Belle, since the latest ones have NEM Tension Lock couplings and bogie wheel power pickups, as opposed to the special electric couplings on the original release. 

R4710 BR Mk1 BSK, Repainted Baggage Car No.11

R4642 BR Mk1 BG, modified and renamed Generator Car No.6313

R4514 Ex-Belle 1st Kitchen, Renamed Vera

R4664 All Steel K-Type 1st Parlour, Renamed Zena

R4514 Ex-Belle 1st Kitchen, Renamed Gwen

R1038 K-Type 1st Parlour, Renamed Phoenix

R1038 K-Type 1st Parlour, Minerva

R1038 K-Type 1st Parlour, Renamed Perseus

R4663 All Steel K-Type 1st Kitchen, Renamed Ione

R1038 K-Type 1st Parlour, Cygnus

R4514 Ex-Belle 1st Kitchen, Renamed Audrey

R4664 All Steel K-Type 1st Parlour, Renamed Lucille