Ingleford Wharf: 1870s canalside inglenook on the "M&WJR" in 00, and Victoria Quay: a 1900s WIP in 0

Schooner

• RMweb Gold
On 25/03/2024 at 19:42, Schooner said:

Welcome to Victoria Quay (working title) m'Lords, Ladies etc

20240325_180043.jpg.371bcc8ff2c762de4ce57fff60cdda91.jpg

20240325_181316.jpg.7df96120dc93ad93478c9dc2434553b5.jpg

20240325_181405.jpg.274104103922bb769f00aa8334b139f3.jpg

Sorry fam, no time to move house. Busy. Got trains to play with!

Awesome stuff @Tricky, thank you for all :)

Crane by the most talented also @airnimal. Steam coaster (R/C, woop!) by a nice but unknown gentleman who did a grand job of the build and fit out and then sold her (R/C gear, batteries, controller etc included) for less than the price of the kit. Deeley tank as discussed previously. Inspiration, information and general good juju from you lovely lot.

Otherwise it's all my own work!

Wow Louis, this is so appealing. Brilliant. As usual you managed to fill in a lot without making it look too cramped. What are the baseboard dimensions please? 

3 hours ago, Mikkel said:

I see that you also attempted a gunpowder van 🙂

Ahahaha guilty! Definite hint of carnage...I look back at some of the past pics of the layout, where it all looks so up together and 'finished', then at how it actually looks on a day-to-day basis and wonder where it all went wrong 🤣 But it's all in pursuit of an engaging, enjoyable and entertain hobby...and sometimes that means levelling the livestock, apparently! Choices and consequences, as they say :)

this is so appealing.

Flattered, and glad you think so. In time I'll flood this space with reference pics, as per, but the touchstone is Fremmington Quay. In reality it's a tiny place in the grand scheme of things, but a scale model would be vast in toy train terms. Hopefully the end result will capture a little of that low-key complexity shared by all these little rural-industrial spots in their heyday in a handy space.

Also 7mm is really fun so far. Heft.

What are the baseboard dimensions please? 

@Tricky may have the actual measurements to hand, but it sits on the same table as Ingleford and has a similar footprint - in the neighbourhood of 1700mm x 650mm*. There are additional cassettes/fiddlesticks, best part of a meter each, left and right to give a 'running line' through the scene; one of the right gives a headshunt for the Full Inglenook Experience. However, Richard's cleverness in bring my plan into reality with the 3-way is it allows space for a perfectly viable spur for a loco and wagon, or two wagons, with which a good amount of shunting can be done just on the base ummmm baseboard :)

*To fit in my car, through the door, and on the table. 

3 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

This one is quite nice too 🤣

She's a beaut!

...just need to turn it the other way up for maximum effect... 😇