Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Ashby-de-la-Zouch Station

tubs01

Hi all, does anyone have anyone have any pictures of Ashby-de-la-Zouch station? All there is on the web is countless pictures of the front, and one picture of some midland locos at the station, but not much can be seen. If anyone has any pictures of the platform or even the inside that would be very much appreciated. As for timeframe of the photos I do not mind, and in fact it would be very interesting to compare a photo of the station when it was in use as a station and then how it looks now, as the platform is no longer there. There are a few little garages just outside of the station, and at that point the trackside wall is replaced with a low metal fence, for some reason, which gives a view of the track, however I'd rather not go have a look by myself in case someone asks what I'm doing! Either way, any detailed photographs are very much appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi. In Nelson Twells 1985 book " A pictorial record of the Leicester and Burton Branch Railway " there are three photos of the main platforms plus  one of the Derby branch platform.

There are a couple of copies of the book on a certain sales site named after a South American River  at less than £8 if you are interested. Trent Valley Publications ISBN 0 948131 04 7

An interesting book anyway.

Hope this helps. Colin.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Hunslet said:

Hi. In Nelson Twells 1985 book " A pictorial record of the Leicester and Burton Branch Railway " there are three photos of the main platforms plus  one of the Derby branch platform.

There are a couple of copies of the book on a certain sales site named after a South American River  at less than £8 if you are interested. Trent Valley Publications ISBN 0 948131 04 7

An interesting book anyway.

Hope this helps. Colin.

Thank you, was aware of a book but the name escaped me, I really do need to get a hold of a copy, not much information about the ashby burton coalville area ect ect on the surface, just hope through my digging I can find some more!

• Like 1

Glad to help.

I have found another photo of the platforms in later days with ex-LMS 4F passing through in Peter Baumgartner's book "Memories of the Swad Loop"

I cycled near to Ashby station only last week on a circular ride which covered Willesley woods where the original Ticknall Tramway ended,  Swannington incline and Coalville town. A very pleasant ride.

Colin

• Like 3