Question:- Gaugemaster DCC-80 and Peco (Electrofrog) 3-way points.

br2975

I pray the indulgence of those more knowledgeable than myself, in the realm of the dark art that is DCC.......

I'm currently rewiring my small, 4mm 'OO' shunting plank; which employs Peco Code 75 Electroofrog points, two of which are 3-way points. 

Originally, I changed the polarity of the crossings (frogs) using home made a switches,.

But, I now wish to use some Gaugemaster DCC-80 'juicers' I have acquired.

But, being an electronic luddite, I'm not sure how to wire the DCC-80s into the 3-way points, which have 3 crossings (frogs) and obviously 3 'dropper' wires (one per frog).

Can anyone explain for my benefit, do I need 3 or just 2 DCC-80s per 3-way, and then, how do I go about wiring the 'juicers' 

Thanks in advance.

Brian R

1 - if your existing switches work, why change them ? 

2 - wire the juicers to replace your switches, from a wiring perspective they are just electronic versions of a switch.   Typically a three-way point needs two switches (or juicers); two of the frogs being common in how they change.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nigelcliffe said:

1 - if your existing switches work, why change them ? 

2 - wire the juicers to replace your switches, from a wiring perspective they are just electronic versions of a switch.   Typically a three-way point needs two switches (or juicers); two of the frogs being common in how they change. 

Thanks,

I'm changing the switches for something else, as the home made switches are showing their age, and with a show coming up.....

I'll get the soldering iron out tomorrow now.

Thanks again