Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Merchant Navy Steam Loco 35028 “Clan Line” passing through Broadstairs 15/09/21

Ray Von

374809766_Screenshot_20210915-1536382.png.0395b34b5570685c48775ea1ffcf10d6.png

My first close encounter with a stream train!  I really wish that my local council/media would publicise events such as this, I only found out by chance that this train was on its way to Margate after it had already arrived!  Luckily it had a layover at Margate Station for a couple of hours, so I high-tailed it to Broadstairs to catch a glimpse as it trundled through.  There was a comic moment when a scheduled service arrived at platform 2 at precisely the time that this steam train was due - several serious train spotters and photographers (who had set up camp in the "best" spot) were seen to have a blue fit!  Luckily the scheduled train departed (seconds) before this glorious loco passed through Broadstairs Station.  A great experience - being on the footbridge and enveloped in the steam and smoke as the bridge shook was wonderful!  I captured it's visit in a short video and the above is a screenshot.  If anyone knows of a database of steam train movement, please share it here...?

• Like 3