PTA/JTA/JUA dimensions

On 27/06/2019 at 08:05, lyneux said:

For the ARC rakes, you might also want some of the later build PXA/JXA wagons which had a slightly different body style (and mostly on Schlieren bogies although there were 3 build codes for the 16 wagons built!):

IMG_4021_web.jpg

OOOOOOOO that PXA is gorgeous. Don't suppose you have any info regarding dimensions (Height, Width, Length, Rib thickness) do you?  Been staring at pictures online of these and started doing a drawing on graph paper using the basic shape of a PTA body as a basis albeit with parallel sides. Height looks to be the same and the width the same as the widest part of the PTA. I, note sure about the length because in some photos they appear longer. I'm reckoning on using 40 though for the main structure, floor & Headstocks And  40x40 tho Evergreen strip for the ribs and top edge. I realise there was only 16 examples buy was thinking one in full ARC, 1 unbranded ARC outer and a white on with Gloucester Bogies.  I have a feeling the only Schileren Bogies available aren't strictly correct for these wagons but would do for me and Maybe a pair of Heljan Gloucester Bogies from Hatton's.  Also what Wheelsize would they be  the same regardless whether they are Schilren, BSC Axlemotion or Gloucester Bogies. Sorry to ask so many Questions bt you seem to have an incredible amount of knowledge regarding these. 

Many thanks 

Trailrage

Hi Trailrage,

I have a small kit for these wagons that uses Silhouette-cut styrene in 40 and 10 thou and then Stenson Models Schlieren Bogies that I developed from dimensioned drawings that I obtained from a DEMU member. The kit uses 40 thou evergreen strip for ribs and top edge. Wheels are Keen Maygib 12mm with Stenson Models disc brakes.

I think the Stenson Schlieren bogies are correct for these:

image.png.82767e0c180430792edacefb18f068bc.png

Please PM me if you are interested.

Guy 

Edited by lyneux