Temporary glue for attaching head code discs and lamps?

When you look at what is being done with magnets for couplings these days, it is a pity they don't make these things with tiny magnets.   I wonder whether it would be technically feasible to incorporate very tiny magnets into plastic mouldings ?

I have worked an O gauge railway by staff & ticket.  The staff was a suitably labelled magnet that was put on a tinplate carriage roof, and paper tickets were similarly secured with a different coloured magnet.  Carriage destination boards attached that way looked more convincing.  They were typed labels on a flexible material cut to the right shape but probably a bit oversize and certainly over thickness - probably cut from a fridge magnet?  Obviously this doesn't work with coach rooves made from wood or plastic.  

• RMweb Premium

For lamps on Buckingham the way it was done was to drill a small hole in the bottom of the lamp and put a small amount of "Blue-tac" in the hole. The lamp iron them goes in the hole when the lamps are placed on the loco.

That makes them nice and secure but easy to remove.

• RMweb Premium

I used Accent Glue by Woodland Scenics.

Not sure how available it is in UK.  

It brushes on white and is usable when it dries clear. It was intended to put figures and scenic details down but be relocatable. It sticks tighter than some paints, though.

3 minutes ago, BR60103 said:

I used Accent Glue by Woodland Scenics.

Not sure how available it is in UK.  

It brushes on white and is usable when it dries clear. It was intended to put figures and scenic details down but be relocatable. It sticks tighter than some paints, though.

It may be the same as Tacky Glue (looks like PVA but dries clear and rubbery).  I get mine at Walmart and it's likely cheaper than the WS stuff.

John