Summer timetable 1994

125_driver

Request here, if anyone has access to the summer timetable from 1994 (specifically on a Sunday 28th august) , would you mind having a look what XC train arrived into Banbury at 1711?

Only i have found an old reservation ticket from a family trip back then and am trying to piece together the likely service and or traction . If anyone can help or point me in direction of a site with timetables on id be extremely grateful.

The 1420 Brighton - Glasgow Central departed Banbury at 1713 so that would seem to be the correct service. The only other cross-country train at Banbury around that time was the 1325 Liverpool - Paddington, arriving Banbury at 1706.

Typing the service into Flickr shows a majority of 47/8 haulages e.g.

From grahamwalker007 on Flickr (12th June 1994)

The RailGenArchive states that 47836 hauled the train from Brighton on 28 August 1994. It may well have worked all the way through to Birmingham New Street.

Some of the photos on Flickr state the train was going to Manchester Picadilly, this was the Monday to Friday service.

Edited by Flood
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Flood said:

The 1420 Brighton - Glasgow Central departed Banbury at 1713 so that would seem to be the correct service. The only other cross-country train at Banbury around that time was the 1325 Liverpool - Paddington, departing Babury at 1706.

Typing the service into Flickr shows a majority of 47/8 haulages e.g.

From grahamwalker007 on Flickr

Some of the photos on Flickr state the train was going to Manchester Picadilly, this was the Monday to Friday service.

Hmmm this isn't quite fitting , I forgot to mention the reservation ticket was from Wigan North Western to Banbury. Very strange! Unless it was a one off ammendment for that day perhaps with it being a Sunday??? 

Edited by 125_driver
... ...

7 minutes ago, 125_driver said:

Just had a further thought. I had assumed that writing 1711 onto the ticket was the arrival time, however it is of course possible that 1711 was the departure time? So was there anything leaving Wigan Nw for Banbury at 1711???? Thanks.

1410 Glasgow Central - Poole left Wigan North Western at 1711, arrived Banbury at 2003. The RailGenArchive states 47817 hauled the train from Birmingham New Street to Poole on 28 August 1994. There is no record of the electric haulage to New Street.

Edited by Flood
  • Thanks 1