!2v DC Power Supply required

Peter749

Having decided to use some Berko Signals on my layout they require a 12v DC Power Supply.

I looked thru this forum and a few suggestions were to use a Maplin item - but no loner available

My layout is DCC and I wish to keep the Points and Signal separate from each other.

Any suggestions please for something suitable

Peter

A 12volt regulated CCTV or LED power supply should be fine.  I use eBay mainly and here is a typical example Link to eBay sale  Cost depending on current output, but around £7ish

I would at the same time obtain a DC female connector 2.1mm from the same supplier.  Makes onward connection to the layout simple. :smile_mini2:

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Assuming each lit LED draws around 20 milliamp (0.02A) then a 2.0Amp PSU will light some 100 lit LEDs.  More if the LED current is reduced to 10ma by using a 1K (1000 Ohm) series resistor, Then your into 200 lit signals Max.

Note, around a10% headway should be allowed on the PSU, so I suggest 95 lit on a 1.0Amp and 180 lit on a 2.0Amp supply!  Do you have that many signals?? :smile_mini:

Go for the 2.0Amp PSU and you will have ample power for other things too! Buildings, Street and Platform LED lighting etc.

Edited to correct errors!

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1