Bachman Collectors Club Sale day - Sun 26 September

AY Mod

• Moderators

Location: Quorn & Woodhouse Station, Woodhouse Road, Quorn, Leicestershire, LE12 8AG

Date: Sunday 26th September 2021

Time: 1030 – 1600

With our inaugural Bachmann Collectors Club exclusive event – the Practically Perfect Sale 2021 – just days away, the team here at Bachmann are all looking forward to seeing members old and new for the first time in many months! Whether you’re a Club member finalising plans for your visit on Sunday, or you’re not yet a member but want to know a little more about the event, we’ve put together the following summary to help you make the most of your day out.

Entrance to the Event:

Entrance to the Sale is limited to Bachmann Collectors Club members only. In order to gain entry to the Sale, a valid Bachmann Collectors Club membership card must be shown. If you are unable to show your membership card, please visit the Club stand (accessible via the venue entrance adjacent to Quorn Station) where your details will be verified, and a wristband issued to allow access via the Sale entrance. The Club stand will also be open for non-members wishing to join the Club in order to access the Sale, or for those members needing to renew their membership. The Club will be bringing along supplies of the new DRS Mk2F Coaches and Pride of Britain Train Packs for you to purchase on the day too.

How much is it to attend?

The event is free and no booking is required, simply turn up on the day and present your membership card to gain entry. Non-members and those whose membership has expired can also join/renew on the day and enjoy instant access to the Sale, plus the other attractions available on the day.

In order to provide a safe and pleasant environment for all Club members, numbers inside the venue may be limited at busy times and so please be prepared to queue before entering the Sale.

Free parking is available in Quorn yard

So if you want your cheap as chips Bachmann returns in 2021, join up now and visit the members stand on Sunday to gain entry.

Discounts will be variable and we cannot guarantee your exact choice of required cheap model will be available.  We are a friendly bunch so don't feel afraid to haggle, you never know we might bite your hand off.

Sudden rush of Warley regulars to the Bachmann website anticipating bag fulls of bargains on Sunday.

All I want to know is - "will there be Farish announcements on Sunday?"  @fezzawants to know too I imagine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

All I want to know is - "will there be Farish announcements on Sunday?" 

As Bachmann have previously stated all Bachmann announcements will be in the quarterly British Railway Announcements. The class 69 announcement is the exception that proves the rule.

Edited by Paul.Uni
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

- "will there be Farish announcements on Sunday?"

Definitely not, that fact was freely offered to me to minimise the risk of over-excitement. :biggrin_mini2:

And no OO either.

• Informative/Useful 4

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bmthtrains - David said:

Oh dear lord, have we finally reached the stage where even non-announcements are being announced in advance…? 

Saves me having to get the mop and Jeyes fluid out. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Ive got this in my calendar.

It will be 4880 days since my last visit to the GCR.

On that occasion 70013 was in unlined green undergoing mileage testing prior to that big event on August 11th 2008.

4944547B-44B9-423D-AD37-B617E8B59C2E.jpeg.4b153abfa6a67e40eb35620b1e621f4c.jpeg

anyone any idea whats running that day ?

maybe an unofficial rmweb members meet up outside the Bach-cave comparing our who got whats ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Is it wrong to hope that the rapidly spreading panic buying of fuel (of our two local ones my wife told me one has been emptied and the other has huge queues) will mean far less competition for me on Sunday as I live 5 miles from Quorn…. ;-)

Maybe they're panic buying so they can drive to Quorn on Sunday

• Funny 2

• Moderators

Phil and I should be there for the first half of the day looking at what it takes to set up a miniature railway for the day.

242588635_595325935165170_78814431710754

Members will be able to take a ride too on the There and Back Light Railway It'll be a chance to get a good close up look at what makes a little steamer work. You may get to recognise the owner/operator from some of our recent Bachmann videos.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, AY Mod said:

You may get to recognise the owner/operator from some of our recent Bachmann videos.

I wonder if Steve has any plans for 7mm narrow gauge following the Lionheart announcement yesterday - after all, at one time nobody expected Bachmann to produce anything in OO9 . . . . . . . . . . . 

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

I wonder if Steve has any plans for 7mm narrow gauge following the Lionheart announcement yesterday - after all, at one time nobody expected Bachmann to produce anything in OO9 . . . . . . . . . . . 

I couldn't possibly comment. -_-

• Funny 2

• Moderators

What an excellent day that was by Bachmann. We spent a lot of time outside with Steve, Nomi and Moose (which is incredibly good fun to drive). 

After lunch we had a good catch up with many of the team in the marquee after the ample hoardes had finished grazing. There were still some very good bargains to be had and a far more convivial atmosphere than Warley with the added bonus of regular steam service interruptions and the 48 and ratty 20 outside. 

Really, really enjoyable; thanks to all. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m just gutted that thanks to the selfish panic buying fuel idiots I didn’t have the fuel to make it over this morning, I managed to get some just after dinner time in leek (I decided to put the bike on the roof rack and do a localish ride instead) I considered driving over but decided against it as thought a lot of the bargains will have gone by the time I’d have got there at about 14:30

had I made it as planned earlier in the day I was going to combine it with a ride into Leicester on the bike from quorn then get the train back to Loughborough and ride back to quorn again

oh well, maybe next time 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Home now, just had a cup of tea.

Fantastic day today, drove up from South London arrived around 1045, lucky parking spot, right next to the Bachmann tent entrance and next to a Delorean !!!

(no fuel issues with that I assume).

I did 4 trips to the B-tent (first two visits were quick succession as I couldn't carry enough after the first !).

Some very extremely attractive prices in there today, some considerably less than half RRP, and on some very recent and quite older releases too.

I noted several hithero sold out Intercity Class 90’s, SWT livery 450’s (Weathered and unweathered) as well as things like HAP, 150/2, 117s and 158’s, Midland Pullmans, as well as the recent class 24/0,  6990 Hall as well as quite a lot of class 37’s, class 90’s…steam side has 94xx, MR 0-4-4’s, J72.

on my third visit my collar was felt by AndyY and Phil.. good to see you guys and have a chat.. Phil I noted had quite a museum piece of paperwork from somewhere !

A nice add on was the voucher off travel on the GCR, 78018, 6990 and D5181 were in service. The GCR had a griddle car serving full english on the train. I did a spin behind all 3 locos, and saw 73156 as a whole for the first time (My childhood was full of weekends seeing these guys dismantle it at Bury from the day it arrived).

One thing that struck me about the GCR is the quality of its rolling stock restorations.. they have a large number of very nicely restored stock (no overpainted rust, bangs & dents etc), they have a very good team there. 

Outside the Bachmann tent was a miniature railway, various traction engines, vintage cars, a Beer Hut and 47 1705 (open for cab visits) and 20 D8098 (with open engine bay doors).

I returned just before 4pm, was greeted by 7 staff and just me ! A chance to pick up a few more items. Altogether ive 13 locos, 4 units and 1 wagon heading south tonight. To me bargain of the day was class 90s for £90, the class 450’s at £175 and the 3 car £159 for £155 was a steal too.  Ive got some good respray material now.

I think this was a fantastic idea today, a great venue. Much more space, less scrum, more light, more chance to inspect the models. A great backdrop. Having it as a BCC member benefit really was a nice idea. I really hope this is the pattern for the future.. 

Weather was great today, opened the sunroof, on with the sunglasses and took it a bit easier on the way back tonight, boot full of Bachmann Swag heading south into the sunset.

pictures to follow.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4

• Administrators
10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Phil I noted had quite a museum piece of paperwork from somewhere !

I managed to avoid buying any trains (slightly tempted by a G Scale "James" at £130, but I have enough trains really), but the good people did let me add to my Beatties collection.

Beatties pad.jpg

I've not see the notepads before.

However, what I really wanted to take away, but Steve wouldn't let me, was Scamp:

Scamp.jpg

This little loco is terrific fun to drive. Simple to build apparently, and I must not look on the web. I have too many trains already!

• Like 5