Heljan Co Bo Class 28 Third Release?

proton

On 15/03/2024 at 23:43, adb968008 said:

Whilst they didnt do it for very long, a conflat would probably set off a Condor frenzy. 

A conflat P (00) would be very welcome. In the meantime, my Condor runs with a mixture of Conflat As.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Often the case , I quite fancy a loco long after it’s been out of production !   I’d hope the 28  makes an appearance . With the demise of Hattons presumably someone has bought the tooling or it has reverted to Heljan . Maybe an EFE release like the Hymek , although I’ve never really understood why Heljan just didn’t launch the Hymek itself , do Bachmann have such a bigger reach than Heljan ? 

• RMweb Gold
On 24/01/2024 at 00:08, tractionman said:

worth keeping an eye on the S/H Heljan CoBos that appear here:

https://clarkrailworks.com/collections/Heljan/?sort_by=created-descending

I have two:

D5710 Hattons

D5700 Heljan

Both up for grabs and when I have taken photos, I will put them on the classifieds here, only test run on the rolling road,prices will be well south of the bay prices. Downside, I am in Australia so postage could be an issue.

Rgds.......Mike

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Afaik EFE have only done 2 Heljan models, right at the beginning. The 35 and 58 in 2020.

They are head to head on the Car transporters each with their own toolings, and Heljan has since produced more 35’s and others in their range.

They appear to be still very distinct, with just the initial launch models in the efe range.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just had an e-mail from Rails, that they will be selling an exclusive run of different liveries, 'oo' scale Class 28s from  Heljan. This run will include sound fitted options for the first time. So as far as I can see, all liveries will be available in dcc ready and dcc sound. Details on their website.

Edited by rembrow
  • Like 2

• AY Mod locked this topic