Class 56 - 69

Holby Railway

Probably on hiding to nothing, but is there anybody that is capable and willing (at a reasonable rate) to convert a Class 56 body into Class 69 for me to become the first preserved 69 (69 056), i know Bachmann are meant to be doing one sometime next year or 2023 but i want to be ahead of the pack with one built from a 56 body, can anybody help and quote a price  :read:

7 hours ago, charliepetty said:

It won't stop Hornby doing a 56 painted as a 69.  Just look at their terrible new 57!!!!!!

Hornby are more likely to tool up a new class 69 body and plonk it on the Class 56 chassis than to re-paint a class 56 into a class 69.

Their NR class 57 is a budget model in a budget range not meant for serious modellers. As terrible as some modellers make it out to be, there is hundreds if not thousands who will happily buy it because a class 47 and class 57 look similar. They are not going to spend thousands of pounds to create a basic class 57 shell just to sell a budget class 57. 

47 minutes ago, Katie87006 said:

Hornby are more likely to tool up a new class 69 body and plonk it on the Class 56 chassis than to re-paint a class 56 into a class 69.

Their NR class 57 is a budget model in a budget range not meant for serious modellers. As terrible as some modellers make it out to be, there is hundreds if not thousands who will happily buy it because a class 47 and class 57 look similar. They are not going to spend thousands of pounds to create a basic class 57 shell just to sell a budget class 57. 

With Bachmann having exclusivity on the 69, I wouldn’t expect Hornby to tool a new body.

with the Cavalex 56 on the horizon, I could see Hornby flooding the market with 56s of all colours including probably fake 69s (ie like the 57, a 56 in 69 livery).

6 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

With Bachmann having exclusivity on the 69, I wouldn’t expect Hornby to tool a new body.

with the Cavalex 56 on the horizon, I could see Hornby flooding the market with 56s of all colours including probably fake 69s (ie like the 57, a 56 in 69 livery).

I really don't see Hornby doing fake liveries on a high spec model of theirs. Flooding the market with class 56s will certainly happen. But I just don't see them doing fake class 69s on a high spec class 56 of theirs. Maybe the ex-Dapol one. But again, I don't see them spending money to re-tool it.

• RMweb Premium
On 27/09/2021 at 14:25, Holby Railway said:

Probably on hiding to nothing, but is there anybody that is capable and willing (at a reasonable rate) to convert a Class 56 body into Class 69 for me to become the first preserved 69 (69 056), i know Bachmann are meant to be doing one sometime next year or 2023 but i want to be ahead of the pack with one built from a 56 body, can anybody help and quote a price  :read:

See here: