Morning walk with a bonus

Head Gardener picked up on local media that B1 Mayflower was due to pass today, so I routed my morning walk over to Pond Head Lane to see it, double headed with Bahamas. Somewhat indifferent photo of a fence post attached with the train behind. Both locos still working on the rising gradient. I clearly need to get to grips with the 'phone camera. I'm always in a quandry about photographing trains, do I watch and absorb the spectacle or concentrate on the photograph?

IMG_20210928_101650_1.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I too saw it as it passed my house at Cogload junction. In the pouring rain.

You raise an interesting point. I gave up photographing excursions such as this some time ago. What's the point? Lots of other people do it and post them on line. I would now rather stand back and just enjoy the whole spectacle. Not view it through a camera viewfinder....

Edited by ikcdab
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 28/09/2021 at 17:19, ikcdab said:

What's the point? Lots of other people do it and post them on line. 

And do it with better kit and better tech ability than me too. Agreed, little point in taking photos unless you have a particular reason. 

Edited by JimC

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Northmoor said:

Don't know what happened to it tonight but losing time (long delay outside Westbury) then seemed to have been re-routed after Reading, by which time it was nearly 80 mins late.

According to info from NatPres there was

a brake fault after leaving Westbury

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1