Folkestone 2021 Exhibition Saturday/Sunday 02/03.10.21

jonathan452

• RMweb Gold

I normally go to the show on the Saturday afternoon but this year I'll be going on Sunday afternoon as tomorrow I'm (hopefully) on the much rebooked UK Railtours trip to Crich and the National Tramway Museum.

The club (of which I'm not a member) have advertised locally and in some model railway magazines - the advert in Hornby Magazine states that the show is open both days from 10am to 5pm.

As mentioned above the entry proceedures are different this year - you have to enter the show via the underground car park.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Hi ColinW Intreged by Strood Dock, as you may know my house is built on the site of the sidings next to Strood Dock I have the original SER retaining wall running through my garden. Any photos as I am in Germany for the next week, probably see you at Tonbridge next year.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, fulton said:

Hi ColinW Intreged by Strood Dock, as you may know my house is built on the site of the sidings next to Strood Dock I have the original SER retaining wall running through my garden. Any photos as I am in Germany for the next week, probably see you at Tonbridge next year.

Hi Fulton, 

Will take camera with me tomorrow, and put some up on here. 

Colin 

• Thanks 1

On 02/10/2021 at 13:38, fulton said:

Hi Fulton,

Here are some photos I was able to take of Strood Dock this afternoon.  It is an O gauge layout, with the scenic area being 10foot in length.  It is due to be at Tonbridge in February.

IMG_4309a.jpg.5c54cf3806c70316779e905e345689f1.jpg

IMG_4310a.jpg.b41285690d46947bcc3ced6f5e96c338.jpg

IMG_4311a.jpg.4efa84565e4c8d47622c0a97949e36ea.jpg

IMG_4313.JPG.9c1f14ee899e8f5b8d00abcce22005bd.JPG

IMG_4314.JPG.1540e0a3859a8f115c6b436583db94eb.JPG

Colin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in collating information from recent shows about attendance, compared with pre-Covid years.   The aim would be to help inform other clubs about what to expect or plan for when reaching decisions.   Can you quantify anything from the Folkstone Show please e.g. the percentage change in attendance compared with the last equivalent show?  Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen Wolstenholme